Air/Fuel

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SiLkk

just purchased an a/f ratio gauge and believe it is hooked up correctly, but it almost always reads lean. The only mods to the engine are intake and exhaust. What exactly does this measure and what could i do to even it out?

if its reading anything its hooked up correctly. does it even move?, check your o2 sensor, if the o2 is fucked, so will ur reading be. i had that problem on my o2 sensor. on a stock, or near stock engine, it should ALWAYS change between lean and rich no matter what the mods. i have big cams and it still reads normally so i think ur o2 is messed, get a new 1 and see how that works.

it gets a broad reading from your O2 sensor and turns the rich,stichiometric or, lean lights on according to the amperage coming off the sensor. If you hooked the thing up right and its working properly you may have some problems, I couldnt tell you exactly what is wrong if any thing, but being to lean can lead to detonation, you might have a bad O2 sensor you should ask some one at a parts store like auto zone or something you should also check for codes from you OBD

Back