Air Intake Question???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Magik

I just put an air intake on my car (d15b1) and it was off an integra or something...I got it for $30...it wouldn't fit around my battery so what I did was cut the tube and took out the stock filter box etc., and put this in there using the stock tube into the manifold. So now the "cone" is sitting where the stock filter box was. It works fine...the problem is every time I step on the gas to 'go'...I am getting this "squeal"...what did I do wrong?? What's the problem?

???

Jason

did u seal everything properly..by this I mean did u use the silicone tubing shit and aero clamps (ladder clamps).

Where is this sound coming from, just go in front of the car while the engine is running and press the trottle cam, ull figure it out.

I'm gonna check it again tomorrow...it's like -34C outside right now...brrr... I'm gonna look at it and try sealing it better tomorrow, and it does have ladder clamps on it...could it just be the type of cone?

Jason

Back