Air Locker

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I was just talked to a friend of mine who is in the middle of a jeep build-up. He told me about this product that you can install in a differential that makes it act as a spool when air pressure is applied, but otherwise your axle performs normally. I know you have to mount a small air compressor on the vehicle, but you can fill up your tires and stuff with it. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this and if you could use this device in a front-drive platform

yeah its called an ARB air locker. I had them on my Jeep Wrangler. It was great because I could have an open diff in the front while on road, but offroad with the push of a button it locked them down. Helped with turning and whatnot when onroad. I have often wondered if something like this had any chance in a Honda. It would be cool to just push a button and have you diff engage for a drag, then cut it off for the drive home.

Yeah my friend is really into rock crawling with Jeeps and Land Cruisers and I was just taliking to him about this the other day. The domestic crowd has been using air lockers in rear wheel drive cars for a while with great results. The bad news is he had one at his house and there is no way thta is going to git in a Honda transaxle. Maybe the trunk but not the transaxle. This is a preety simple device it just need to be alot smaller. I could only see it's advantage though in Drag since a spool sucks for anything but straight and the weight addition might not outweigh the added traction even then. It's a cool thing but I think there is a reason why it hasn't cometo the import market.

you would have to call ARB and they are in Australia. I don't have a clue, but all the product catalogs I saw had apps for Dana 44, Jeeps, Chevy, Ford. Give em a holler and let us know.

Back