1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Air Locker

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by cockstronghalfablocklong, May 2, 2003.

1. cockstronghalfablocklong

cockstronghalfablocklong Member

I was just talked to a friend of mine who is in the middle of a jeep build-up. He told me about this product that you can install in a differential that makes it act as a spool when air pressure is applied, but otherwise your axle performs normally. I know you have to mount a small air compressor on the vehicle, but you can fill up your tires and stuff with it. I was wondering if anyone knows anything about this and if you could use this device in a front-drive platform

2. machine

machine Banned

yeah its called an ARB air locker. I had them on my Jeep Wrangler. It was great because I could have an open diff in the front while on road, but offroad with the push of a button it locked them down. Helped with turning and whatnot when onroad. I have often wondered if something like this had any chance in a Honda. It would be cool to just push a button and have you diff engage for a drag, then cut it off for the drive home.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Hmm. That would be pretty sweet. :)

4. cockstronghalfablocklong

cockstronghalfablocklong Member

yeah thats kinda what i'm lookin for. Do you guys know if it would work in a honda tranny?

5. closedhood97

closedhood97 Member

Yeah my friend is really into rock crawling with Jeeps and Land Cruisers and I was just taliking to him about this the other day. The domestic crowd has been using air lockers in rear wheel drive cars for a while with great results. The bad news is he had one at his house and there is no way thta is going to git in a Honda transaxle. Maybe the trunk but not the transaxle. This is a preety simple device it just need to be alot smaller. I could only see it's advantage though in Drag since a spool sucks for anything but straight and the weight addition might not outweigh the added traction even then. It's a cool thing but I think there is a reason why it hasn't cometo the import market.

6. machine

machine Banned

you would have to call ARB and they are in Australia. I don't have a clue, but all the product catalogs I saw had apps for Dana 44, Jeeps, Chevy, Ford. Give em a holler and let us know.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted