Air purifiers / Ionizers / Ozone generators

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think it's just the time of year...i have had a sore throat building over the past few days and we sleep with ours on Medium as well. Mine got so bad i slept on the couch so i wouldn't wake her up. This usualy happens to me this time of year. Picked up a nice bag of halls tripple action ice pepperment drops.

i don't think it has anything to do with the air purifier

I thought you wanted to stay under the $150 mark lol

and you are right. we are both legitimately sick. ayla is still just fine.

i wanted to stay under $150, but oh well :thumbsup:

I'm assuming that's how those UV lights work, by emitting ozone. Since UV light is a catalyst for turning atmospheric oxygen into ozone.

i thought the UV lamp removed some bacterial particles from the air, and the ionizer produced the ozone?

could be wrong. regardless, this unit allows you to just use it as a hepa-flavored fan, an ionizer, and uv lamp all in one or nothing.

I only posted a few words. And apparently you answered the question. So I'll convert to a statement :

Ozone is a poison.

Ozonators are used to kill odors after work is done, and the more powerful ones are NOT to be used in areas that are occupied. There is a big, fat ol' fucking chance that you're all sick because of Ozone.

or it could have been the bug going around the nursing home where kristen works :shrug2: most of the folks she works with had the same symptoms.

Back