airjocky have you tried this yet?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

What a backwards ass, animalistic culture.

This ranks only slightly above Islam because at least it was served on a plate / in a glass and not just scooped off the dirt.

wow, what a wonderful opinion, thats for sharing.

Last time I checked, most other animals (besides humans) don't delicatly prepare their food before eating it, but hey, what do I know.

no I gotta go with Cel on this one

First you eat it's beating fucking heart
then you stare at it's carcass while you consume it's finer parts, stare it right in the eye

then you send said carcass back to have a soup made from it

there is something incredibly evil about the whole thing...

and we keep chickens, cows, and pigs cooped up for their short unsatisfying lives and then we kill them and eat them.

:werd: I fail to see how you eat your meat makes any difference. Its all meat. If you asked a devout Hindu, we're all fucking animalistic because we eat any meat at all. Its all in your perspective, show a little fucking respect for other people's culture.

The best meal I've ever had was a giant lobster in Japan, at a resaurant called the Chunagon. They hacked off the tail, opened it up, slid the meat out, cut it, and put the meat back into the tail, and placed the tail next to the still living torsal, the eyes were watching me eat the lobster shashimi while the meat was still twitching...it was an experiance, and I couldn't believe how damn tasty it was.

And I've had raw octopus, and the tiny suckers on the tenticals were sucking to the inside of my mouth...it was strange, but also tasty... :)

I used to open water dive in Okinawa, and I'd bring shells, and fish that I speared up to the surface, and I always had a japanese guy sitting there waiting for me to come up...and he always had plenty of money and sake waiting for me. Damn, I miss those days.... :cry:

The act of eating the frog isn't disgusting. I eat frogs, turtles all kinds of shit. The act of treating it's still-beating heart as some sort of honorable delicacy, skinning it alive and then preparing the body in a true sashimi style is what's so goddam sick about it. Which is why I point out the flaw of the culture, not the meal.

As far as raw lobsters and octopuss and snails - I'm game. Those are just big insects for the most part. An octopuss or Lobster would eat you given the chance, and snails and mollusks have no brain.

The chicken and cow thing - same principle. We eat burgers and chicken nuggets but we don't take some sick pride in eating it while it's still partially alive, sucking down it's beating heart and then eating it's inerds raw with a delicate sauce. We don't elevate the cook to some sort of wierd demi-god status because he make it look .. interesting. That is what is so goddam animalistic about it.

And hindus state their beliefs to me all the time (I work with a bunch). Respect for culture ? no one respects mine.

Quoted post[/post]]
And hindus state their beliefs to me all the time (I work with a bunch). Respect for culture ? no one respects mine.

That's a good point, where are all the people looking down their nose at al the people who call us "white devils"?

Another thing is that his is a very pro Japan culture we have on HS, if this was an arab tradition the opinion would prolly be much different

Silverchild I think is right on the money. But we aren't really a "pro Japanese" culture, as much as we tend to idolize the Japanese in all their false glory.

I've been caught saying this for a long time: We think of the Japanese being a culture based on honor, respect of nature and Shinto beliefs, respectful for all and very deeply routed in their morals. But the truth is that Japan is entrenched in the most corrupt political-corporate system in the world. Families run the whole shibang, and they run Government too. Their honor can be compromised at the drop of a hat, and it is still the worlds leader in suicides. It's an oppressive culture where people commonly (Not always.. but commonly) will commit suicide for not getting a job. Then, on top of it all, it's one of the worlds largest human traffickers and prostitution societies there is. They have a very racist and prejudiced view on Women and foreigners. They accept no other culture and they are ultimately a dismal face of the human condition.

Earth's Borg, so to say.

It used to be that we glorified - no - idolized - Europe until we realised how much a cesspool that place really is. It's time we idolized America and took a little pride in what we have that no one else does:

Our rights. We are the only people in the world that have Rights. And not basic Human rights, but real civil rights. We have a free media, we have free markets, and we have the right to defend ourselves. The cost is two-fold, our open markets choke us with dead-end market trend ritual and high prices, our taxes pay for a lot of square acreage, and we are responsible for not only our own healthcare: But soon, our own retirement plan.

I correlate, and thus blame, this on the popularity of Soccer. As Soccer takes it's foothold here in the states, watch how quickly we catch up and become like other countries.

i actually saw that episode on the travel channel, you shoulda seen some of the other shit he ate on that episode.

i couldnt eat that shit, no way.

its like cutting off a side of beef and eating it while the cow watches you and bleeds to death. its fucking stupid lol

i mnot a fan of wierd foods though

Back