All brand shootout idea

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsbudda

Banned
https://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/forum-shootout-pinks-ya-nay-158813/ <-- linky

A guy on the dodge forum threw a great idea out there that i figured i'd run by you all.

i have an idea that would be fun as hell
over in our help section someone was asking about 13's for under a grand
im thinking about something way more fun
how about a 1000.00 street car shootout between us, the honda guys, nissan guys, gm guys ford guys toyota, etc. format would run as follows:
fwd 4cyl cars only- any year allowed up to 1998
1000.00 total spending limit- including purchase price of car.
no donated parts- everything must be bought legitimately either off ebay, classified ads new etc.
tires( no slicks but any dot approved tire), brakes, ball joints, tie rods, suspension bushings do not count towards the spending limit- safety first
any modifications allowed, but car must be street legal- eg; functional lights turn signals, wipers ,instrumentation,glass windshield, dot approved tires. emissions legality not required, open exhaust allowed.
if we can get several forums to agree to this, it would be a blast for everyone involved.
would also be dirt cheap- if each forum can get 100 people to chip in 10 bucks or 50 people to chip in 20 bucks it would be possible for everyone to play and not have a huge dent in thier wallet.
call up the producers for pinks and have everyone show up for an all out type format- but the loser does lose the car , but winner does not win the car- they get put into a pool of cars to be auctioned off on ebay and the proceedes donated to charity
i think this is VERY doable, probably too late for this summer but like next spring?
might have to fine tune a few things like dollar amount and rules but it would make for a hell of an episode, doncha think? id pay 20 bucks to see that on TV....

I think it's a great idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was coming over here to post a poll and see if there would be enough interest in this and other forums, but i got banned just for signing in from a link over on TD.

Hmm. As far as I know, we didn't set up a filter like that. At least I didn't.

yeah i couldn't think of a title. I guess allbrand would be more appropriate, but i'm not sure if i can change it

It is a really good idea, but its going to be really hard to get everyone together, and the part of losing my car just doesn't appeal to me.

There are a bunch of street legal events like that over here. Only, without the 'racing for title' part, as that's highly illegal here.

we don't tolerate trolls here, good intentions or not. thank your homeboys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back