All Motor D Series Questions!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I want to see proof about the Skunk2 indexing too. From my experience, Skunk2's products are all pretty solid.

2fast- ok, but 300+ whp at 28psi is still pretty damn weird.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 23 2003, 11:18 PM
I want to see proof about the Skunk2 indexing too. From my experience, Skunk2's products are all pretty solid.

alright, read this thread (opps you have to be a member to read it)

TI.net thread

here is a quote from it...

Aries at Dynamic Autosports degreed my cam gears and found one gear was 2 degrees advanced while the other was 1 degree retarded when set at the "0" position. Nice to see such consistancy in their products, oh well. Aries said most aftermarket cam gears are degreed wrong though and he almost always has to modify the markings somehow. He said he found the Toda cam gears to have the least problems with degreeing.

And this guy I trust. He is the Type R that Hytech Exhaust (or however you spell it) uses for there test mule.

also to say that there products are all pretty solid. :unsure: :hmm: There Valves are known to mushroom, defently would never put them in a motor you care about (hell I have heard of a few shops that will carry all skunk2 shit except for the valves because of the blow and they dont want to damage the shops rep by selling products that suck) Also there antisway bar sucks. The design puts too much force onto the subframe and easily rips the subframe. Also the bar is farther away from the subframe so the pulling force is amplified to a smaller area. There coilovers are alright but have way too stiff off springs which which means you must pare them with real good shocks (konis) which bumps the price up way too much for what you get.

Well, I guess we'll see what happens when my Skunk2 gears go on. Thanks for the heads up on the info though. More talk from both "sides" of an argument is always good. I still have been satisfied with all the Skunk2 stuff I've had, but I haven't been through the sway bars, springs etc...

if you get them dagreed so that you know that -1 intake and +2 exhaust is really 0-0 then your fine. I am sure that Intercrew can do it for you.

Originally posted by Calesta@Jul 23 2003, 10:18 PM

It might be weird, but he knows what he is doing. He owns a racing shop with his brother and dad and they have been doing all their lives, which is race and know basically everything about Hondas and Nissans. I live near Charlotte, NC and they have a pretty well known shop. His Civic ran 12.3 at Rockingham, NC right before summer ended.

thats some serious port work !!!

skunkgsr-plenum-side.jpg

Damn, "Over 2lbs of Aluminum Removed"

The guy in his Si still has his car, but sold the turbo and made it all motor. He just ran it at the NOPI event this past weekend in Tennessee and ran 12.2 if I remember coorectly. His car is not street legal. The guy in the 95 Civic sold his car. I bought his turbo and one of our other friends bought the car. Both of their cars are tight as shit.

Originally posted by allmotord16rex@Jul 22 2003, 07:50 AM
I plan on running zc pistons and rods for high compression.

i was just wondering....how will this increase the compression ratio if zc and d16 have the same stroke, bore and the same compression ratio( well actually only a difference of .2) but will that make a huge difference in horse power?

Back