All Motor Mini Me

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92slowmobile

Greatest Member
I want to make an all motor mini me setup. i'm using a d15b8 block and d16z6 head. The only thing i've done so far is a skunk2 adjustable cam gear, skunk2 cam, and skunk2 intake manifold. Also i have ARP studs and cometic head gasket. Any ideas on what else to use to maximize power? I'm pretty new to building motors, but i'm doing everything myself. I need as much info as possible. Thanks guys

You'd have to change the pistons or run a thinner headgasket. You can just dyno tune and maximize the power potential of your engine as it sits as blanco said. I was just kidding but it would make more power with higher compression and tune.

would i have to have a shop tune my ecu or could i just buy one already tuned with like a spoon, jun, or mugen chip?

It's a good idea to have your ECU tuned for your engine. Cheap out with a generic chip and you could buying yourself a new engine. You'll be stepping over dollars to save dimes.

once again i concur:) Any other chip will prolly make run rich as hell and guess what. it will ruin you engine.:eek:

bump the compression any way you want to, take off any pulleys that you dont use off like the a/c to get more hp easy. If you plan on competing for racing against b-series or whatever you better stop now. If you just want to do it for the hell of it go ahead.

sorry Blanco i know your gonna defend the d series so go ahead:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Would it be wise for me to buy the bottom end of the d16z6. I found one completely stripped down for really cheap. Could i get more power with the bottom end, or would it be relatively the same as with the mini me

hit up Andrew on this site. he has a fully built d series vtec that he might get rid of. Its got all from the bottom end to the full ported and polished stage2 head. thats with cams valvetrain and all.

ohh and thanks Blanco. Thats exactly what i wanted to say. just didnt have time.^_^

figures it would save you money on one thats already built. All you need to do is install

My motor being a mini me with the d15b8 bottom end with stock internals, where would i find high compression pistons. I've been looking all over and can't find any for the d15. And sure it would probably be cheaper to buy an already done up motor, but what would be the fun in that. I'm not looking to make a race car, i'm pretty much just looking to have some fun with what i have and at the end say, "I did that". I have a shop here in town with a DYNO so, i'll see what they can do with tuning my ECU when i get back to J-ville

Blanco, did you say you had a d16? Was yours all motor or did you run a turbo? Maybe i'll build a motor on the side for a turbo setup.

Back