all motor on gsr here is where i plan to start

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

greenteg2k00

hey guys i have 2000 gsr planning on all motor, i want either hondata s200 or apex vafc for tuning purposes,but not sure about hondata since i have to swith to obd 1 and sites or products where i can do this, also need to swith to p28 ecu, do i need to this with apex vafc,also skunk 2 intake mani with jg edelbrock throtlle body 65 mm, possible after that skunk 2 stage 2 cams and camshafts,with valve retainers and springs, do i need to worry about bigger injectors, where would i purchase these injectors what site and brand, also how bout eagle rods and pistons, and finally do i need to focus on fuel before the internals,if i purchase skunk 2 mani do i need to replace my intake any intake that fits type r correct, will fit 2000 skunk 2 intake mani,i have i.h.e, dc 421 and greddy sp catback, all feedback will be great thanks

Hello pal. You seen our graphs on stock GSR longblocks?

We made like 165 WHP on a US stock GSR longblock by just doing header, exhaust and intake work to the motor.

HUGE torque. If thats what you want, take a look at that and do that. Cheap.

If your going pistons, try the Ultralight rods I have, with the ultralight pistons I sell. And the weight reduction, combined with the raised compression will give you a HUGE increase in power.

Jeff

jeff tell me a little more im interested,how did you put up 165 whp with i.h/e, im thinkin of skunk 2 stage 1 cams,skunk 2 intake mani,with chipped p28 ecu, apex vafc for tuning purpose, do i need cam gears camshafts,pistons

not a problem.

Rkgsr161.jpg

thats one of them. totally stock motor, with intake manifold STOCK, and stock TB!

thats a 17 WHP gain from stock from just a header modification and an off the shelf intake only.

We no longer sell that version header, but you get the idea.

He later, went on to put in cams in the head, and now makes 178 WHP or so with type-R cams, at 10:1 compression.

Look at that graph. great mid range.

Jeff

wow very nice jeff, here is my plans jeff,
apex vafc with skunk 2 intake mani,skunk 2 stage 1 cams, cam gears with skunk 2 chipped p28 ecu and valve springs and retainers, what do you think, where can i get skunk 2 chipped p28 ecu, if i get to skunk 2 mani how do i get my 2000 gsr aem short ram intake to fit, do i need a type r intake

Do everyting in my sig except for the turbo kit, get stage 2 cams, jdm itr header, depending on what you want for exhaust you could get louder(free-er flowing) etc.

Back