All motor or Turbo or Super Charger?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luded

ok heres the deal. Ive always wanted a turbo simply for that blow off valve. but lately ive been thinking about going all motor simply because 250 all motor will beat 250 turbo (same car same everything) then i though about going supercharged but i dont know. Any one have any ideas or points of view of each build. Which would be smarter to do? or more reliable build?

Quoted post[/post]]
ok heres the deal. Ive always wanted a turbo simply for that blow off valve. but lately ive been thinking about going all motor simply because 250 all motor will beat 250 turbo (same car same everything) then i though about going supercharged but i dont know. Any one have any ideas or points of view of each build. Which would be smarter to do? or more reliable build?
It's up to you and how much dough you want to spend and how much power you want. I've been quoted this several times here so I'm just reiterating what people have told me. Either one you choose can be reliable and smart it just depends how you do it.

im doing all motor for the pure fact that im a distributor for almost every honda engine part (meaning i get all my stuff at warehouse prices) the turbo part of a build would eat my wallet alive. I am gonna have to spring for cams kick ass header and exhaust, but thats just the price you pay. Non internal components are whats gonna kill me. Its under 3k to have my engine rebuilt for the numbers that you read in one of my topics (where im guessing you picked the 250 number from). Problem is, i still have to get a new diff (not required immediately, but easier to do while the engine is out), clutch, flywheel, header and exhaust to hit the 250 goal. In the end, the engine build up for an INSANE turbo prelude is the same as an insane all motor prelude. you just save about 3 grand on turbo parts. so its all your decision. a 250 whp prelude that is all motor...thats gonna be fun, i say. im adding a 100 shot of DPI N2O on mine...i think im gonna have more fun than i ever imagined...especially with no turbo...wierd how things change over time.

Quoted post[/post]]
im doing all motor for the pure fact that im a distributor for almost every honda engine part (meaning i get all my stuff at warehouse prices) the turbo part of a build would eat my wallet alive. I am gonna have to spring for cams kick ass header and exhaust, but thats just the price you pay. Non internal components are whats gonna kill me. Its under 3k to have my engine rebuilt for the numbers that you read in one of my topics (where im guessing you picked the 250 number from). Problem is, i still have to get a new diff (not required immediately, but easier to do while the engine is out), clutch, flywheel, header and exhaust to hit the 250 goal. In the end, the engine build up for an INSANE turbo prelude is the same as an insane all motor prelude. you just save about 3 grand on turbo parts. so its all your decision. a 250 whp prelude that is all motor...thats gonna be fun, i say. im adding a 100 shot of DPI N2O on mine...i think im gonna have more fun than i ever imagined...especially with no turbo...wierd how things change over time.

ok see here in about a year or so my mom is getting like 30gs and shes guna give me and my bro a piece for our cars. my goal here was to have the h22 completely rebuilt all the internals, but at that time i would have to decide to go na or turbo. i was curious on how much hp na without dumping like 20gs into th engine you could get? because i was debating over buying that mugen header come tax return even though its for the 97-01 have a shop mak it fit b/c i read the top bolt up fine just a hanger issue at the bottom. or if i wont be able to build all motor to beat turbod cars then save it for the rebuild and turbo it.

my goal is i want to do something different with my build but still be able to hang with all the top cars in town

edit: lol you wanna sell me some of those at warehouse prices?

people have said that all motor is the expensive way to go slow.
ultimately all the drag cars out there are using a turbo set up.
if you change your engine enough regardless of how you modify it, you will need to tune it appropriately. 250hp is going to need a different fuel map than the stock engine.

Looks like you have a year to do some research on what you want. Everything possibly imaginable has been done to honda motors, you just have to decide which way you want to go, and do the research in order to do it right. I Personally went all motor for smog reasons (Cali sucks on that one), but I would def. go turbo if I was in a different state. I might still, when I have the time and money to swap engines out on a normal basis. For a h22, you are going to probably be pulling the bottom end out anyway, just build the bottom end and then throw a snail on there.

The money thing im not worried about now. Building any car is not cheap and thats the bottom line. Whats the average hp yall think a h22 decently built all motor can put to the wheels? and same with a decently build turbo h22?

a DECENTLY built H22 can put about 210-220 to the wheels. Add some insane cams a GOOD header (usually gonna be a custom 1 piece header) a high flow cat, new flywheel and bore out your h22, you can probably hit 250. I dont see an NA going much over 250 to the wheels, but we are talking about raising BHP 100 points.

ic does any one know where to find stock jdm h22 92-96 dyno charts ive only found the 97-01 charts or usdm 92-96 charts. I am leaning more towards turboing it i just love the sound of a blow off valve. :)

Possibly when i rebuild the motor mabye do a hybrid 22/23 and turbo it thats what ive been thinking about that or going NA all mugen but not that great of a selection for preludes with mugen or spoon

jimbo is right...on stock internals, 250 to the wheels is not unheard of...i just need to rebuild my engine anyway...thats why im doing what im doing.

reiko when its time for me to rebuild mine ina year im turning to you lol ill order some stuff from you. mabye get me a deal :please:

no problem, just tell dave (probably the only one you will get anything import related out of) that you heard about em on honda swap (include your member name) and ill make sure you get a good deal.

Back