All spin no fire!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gohan128

I bought a 1994 civic ex with a blown block. I bought a 96 y7 to put in got it put in and all but it'll spin over without firing, no diagnostic codes, fuel pump works only when jumped off, distributor isn't getting power when key is in ignition. Sounds like a grounding issue i got the one from the valve cover, and the one from the thermostat. I was told there should be a flat wire for a ground to the back of the block, but I couldn't find one so i made one with wire, well still nothing....Any ideas or suggestions. There is a crankshaft sensor on this block however the z6 doesn't use it so it shouldn't be a problem.....

Originally posted by Underage@Jul 7 2004, 03:57 PM
are you using the ecu from the 94 ex?
[post=360044]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah i'm using everything from the ex just the 96 block is the only thing that's different

I'd say around a 12 guage, but i put it in the shop cuz I was tired of it, the guy worked on it all day on the phone with honda and all and the only thing they came up with is that my ecu has gone bad. Junk yards want 500 for a damn ecu F*** that! So now I'm asking what is the best ecu to buy? where should the vtec be set and rev limiter for a basically stock engine.

Conversion? It didn't need one.

Umm you swapped a obd2 engine into an obd1 car. If you didnt change anything on the motor then this is why you car won't run.

as long as you used just the short block (just crank, cylinders, etc.) out of the D16Y motor the swap should work. But if you use the intake manifold you have to get a jumper harness. At least that the coversion I've made in the past. I've put the SOHC VTEC in a 91 civic before with the 91SI intake manifold. ECU's are on ebay for about 400$$ less than you think. If you can't find one let me know. If the ignition swith worked before then I doubt that it's bad now. I've never seen an ECU or and ign switch go bad. It's probably something extremely simple. I've been through 3 distributers on 3 different honda motors though and that would cause a "no fire". When you do get fire you want to fogging oil or a little motor oil in the cylinders or you'll have little to no compression too. "NEED COMPRESSION FOR COMBUSTION"

Rob
Primetimeimports

Back