All the choices?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B_Wolfe

I have a 96 dx w/ a d16y7. I have only basic bolt on parts i.e. aem intake, 8mm wires, header, high flow cat, 2.5" cat back exhaust. I need more power. I want to do a swap, but dont want to get screwed while doing it. I need to be able to do the swap in 1 weekend. What would be the ideal swap for me. I was thinking of a jdm b16 or an h22. Which would be easier and less expensive? Any input would be great, even if another swap.

b16 will be alot cheaper. The H22 is normally the same price if not cheaper when you buy it from where ever, however, you have to buy alot more additional stuff (aftermarket mount kit, slim radiator fan, bunch of other shit) It is also a harder swap to do since everything isn't bolt on like the b16. If you work hard, you should have no problem getting a b16 in a weekend. Just makesure you have EVERYTHING you need (ie fluids, shift linkage, proper ecu, hoses, ect) before you start. Its highly recomended that you do the clutch/flywheel and time belt and waterpump before you put the engine in the car since you have zero clue on the current condition, and they are so much easier to do when the engine is out of the car. Do that the weekend before you take your car off the road.

Back