all the sudden clutch pedal,no pressure

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

started car at lunch, no problem, went to get lunch, come back go to put in reverse, clutch pedal stays glued to floor and wont come back, car wont go into gear, stop car, can restart without applying clutch,cable seems ok, anyone know what could be problem, prssure plate or bearing....

Quoted post[/post]]
started car at lunch, no problem, went to get lunch, come back go to put in reverse, clutch pedal stays glued to floor and wont come back, car wont go into gear, stop car, can restart without applying clutch,cable seems ok, anyone know what could be problem, prssure plate or bearing....
Master/slave Cylinders, broken line, TO bearing yes, pressure plate would have to be broken?

is there a slave cylinder with a cable trans.??? pedal goes to floor gets stuck, and have to pullup with your
hand. starts without applying clutch.

Quoted post[/post]]
is there a slave cylinder with a cable trans.??? pedal goes to floor gets stuck, and have to pullup with your
Does it start if you manually pull the clutch pedal up?
If not, of course it will start, it doesn't check to see if the clutch is actually doing a damn thing, there is a switch on the clutch pedal assembly that gets pushed in when you want to start the car.

Oh yea, a cable tranny uses the cables to SHIFT not to push in/release the clutch itself.
Therefore, yes i had a cable tranny prelude with a slave cylinder.

Quoted post[/post]]

Maybe you sucked a stray cat into the transmission.. :ph34r:

A few questions:

When you say you can start the car without pushing the pedal, is it already laying on the floor or even half-way depressed? There is a safety switch that works off of the clutch pedal that should prevent that from happening.

Does the pedal move smoothly when you lift it off of the floor or does it feel rough? Could be a frayed cable. Not broken, but frayed internally.

When you start the car in gear, does it jump? Is it engaging at all? If it is engaged, will it disengage?

If it is stuck in gear and will not disengage, it may be that a piece of clutch disk or spring has wedged itself between the clutch and pressure plate or flywheel.

Or the pressure plate has lost a finger or two.

or the arm broke...

there is just too much that can go wrong.. without more info its hard to say.

if you dont hold brake car wants to sort of juke forward, no noise at all, push pedal gets stuck on floor, wont release on its own

if i have to remove trans., will it come out like a stock trans., or because of mounting, will there be anything different to to do to take it out., anyone know.

Quoted post[/post]]
if you dont hold brake car wants to sort of juke forward
Sounds like a busted cable, or a shot TO bearing. The clutch is still engaged, causing your car to lurch forward. If you put it in neutral, this shouldn't happen. The safety switch is actually turned on/off by part of the pedal itself near the pedal attachment. Because your cable is busted, or the TO bearing, there is no springiness in the pedal, causing it to remain on the floor, instead of coming back up like it should.
Quoted post[/post]]
no noise at all, push pedal gets stuck on floor, wont release on its own
Still sounds like a busted cable, or TO bearing.
Quoted post[/post]]
if i have to remove trans., will it come out like a stock trans., or because of mounting, will there be anything different to to do to take it out., anyone know.
If it is just the cable, you won't have to pull the tranny at all. I'd check that first. If it is not the cable, then just replace your TO bearing. should be as easy or almost as easy as stock. I'm guessing that you have a B-series engine swapped into a car that used to have a D-series engine in it, from your username. It shouldn't be any more than a Saturday morning to fix it.

To clear up any further confusion, B-series cable trannies use a CABLE to disengage the clutch, and a linkage to do the shifting. Prelude "cable" trannies have cables to operate the shift mechanism, and hydraulics to disengage the clutch. Prelude trannies also suck, but that is not relevant.

thanks fella's, i'd be worried if this was my summer ride, thank god, no snow yet or i'd be screwed, my other CRX as a hydro conversion, if never had any issues with that car and its like 70hp more powerfull, i guess thats why the itr engine's the best engine ever built.

Quoted post[/post]]
thanks fella's, i'd be worried if this was my summer ride, thank god, no snow yet or i'd be screwed, my other CRX as a hydro conversion, if never had any issues with that car and its like 70hp more powerfull, i guess thats why the itr engine's the best engine ever built.

the motor has nothing to do with your hydro conversion...

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

the motor has nothing to do with your hydro conversion...

i know, i was just making the reference, i driven the piss out of my summer Crx and ive never had one thing go wrong, i decide to do a swap myself and i have problems, just sucks.....

JUST TO HELP SOMEONE IN FUTURE IF ENCOUNTERS THIS PROBLEM, TOOK TRANNY DOWN IT WAS THE CLUTCH FORK SPRING BROKE, FIRST TIME I HEAR OF THIS, $1.79 PART 2HRS RE/RE, f*** THAT SUCKS.

I had that problems with my car once.. One of the "fingers" on that spring wore down and broke off.

FYI, the repair manual from Honda/Acura for cable trannies calls for that spring to replaced anytime a clutch job is done because it IS a wear part.

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh yea, a cable tranny uses the cables to SHIFT not to push in/release the clutch itself.
Therefore, yes i had a cable tranny prelude with a slave cylinder.

just FYI your prelude used cable linkage, not a cable clutch.. if it's a hydraulic system used to push the pressure plate then it's hydro.. if it's a cable then its cable lol

the linkage is seperate, you can have cables or 2 arms like integras/civics I know h/k use cables and b/d use 2 arms

Back