Alright, who knows their stuff?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sohcslammer

Sup guys? OK, so my car is done, I just have to break it in now. Only problem is, I'm still runing the P30 with the 8000 redlimit. One of my buddies has an H22 in his accord that he just blew up. He is running a p73 ecu on it. The car is a 96, but the motor is a 95. (i know) Here is the question -

I know that there was no ITR before 96. Which would make my friends ECU obd2. But his motor is obd1. So why would the shop that swapped his motor use a obd2 ecu and jump it when they could have just used a p28?

Second question - If his ecu really IS obd2, then how is it chipped? If it is not obd2, then did Japan even have obd2?

I would like to run this ECU for the rev-limiter, but I live in CA and I need an obd2 ecu to stay legal. If I am not going to run an obd2 ecu, then I will just go obd1 and use the hondata.

Did Japan use OBD2????? If so, when was it implied?

BTW - what's the redline on a 96 p73?

B) Shadney

edit: I'm not even sure I understand what you're saying.

Your friend is running an OBD2 (96) ITR ecu. The shop probably used an obd2 ecu so they didn't have to buy a jumper.

As far as chipping, InlineFour can reprogram 96-98 ECU's: http://inlinefour.com/ecurep.html

Originally posted by civicious@Jul 29 2005, 11:18 AM
edit: I'm not even sure I understand what you're saying.

Your friend is running an OBD2 (96) ITR ecu. The shop probably used an obd2 ecu so they didn't have to buy a jumper.

As far as chipping, InlineFour can reprogram 96-98 ECU's: http://inlinefour.com/ecurep.html
[post=532894]Quoted post[/post]​

Did you even read what I wrote? :p His motor is obd1. If the ecu is obd2 then they had to jump it.

I am questioning whether his ECU IS obd2 or not. I thought you could not chip obd2 ecus. I also don't know why they would use a chipped p73 vs a chipped p28 since the p28 is cheaper and he didn't use the stock maps anyway.

no. the motor to ecu doesn't matter. the only need for it to be jumped would be if his CAR was also obd1. the obd2 ecu will plug right into his car, 1996, obd2a

obd1/2 electronics are the same, and can run the other.

kinda like how obd2 cars can use a conversion harness and run obd1 ecus.

IMO, pass on it. you have no fucking clue what it is.

get a p28.
chip it.
crome it
tune it
done.

Here is an idea for you GUY why don't you go to Taylors and yank the ECU and look at it then you can determine what it is. Until then it is all speculation, oh thanks for calling me back last night asshole. :lol:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Jul 29 2005, 12:12 PM-->
no. the motor to ecu doesn't matter. the only need for it to be jumped would be if his CAR was also obd1. the obd2 ecu will plug right into his car, 1996, obd2a

obd1/2 electronics are the same, and can run the other.

kinda like how obd2 cars can use a conversion harness and run obd1 ecus.

IMO, pass on it. you have no fucking clue what it is.

get a p28.
chip it.
crome it
tune it
done.
[post=532932]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, I guess I am just going to have to go obd1 if I want to do anything.... unless someone has an AEM EMS for like 200 bux.... :p

integraslut78
@Jul 29 2005, 12:31 PM
Here is an idea for you GUY why don't you go to Taylors and yank the ECU and look at it then you can determine what it is. Until then it is all speculation, oh thanks for calling me back last night asshole. :lol:
[post=532949]Quoted post[/post]​

Fuck you Jon. :p I already looked at it. It's a p73. From 96. Fucker.

I will make this simple. I want 1 question answered and 1 question only.

Did Japan imply OBD2 in 1996?????

yes

not so much emissions wise, but they were wired the same...

Back