ALT light stays on b16 swap in dx hb help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Jdubspeeds

Ok so the alternator wasnt charging so i had it replaced. Now it charges fine but the damn battery light stays on... Any help guys?

Ok so i had to alternator replaced today and its charging and working good now but the batt light still wont turn off? But I did beat a 98 vr6 gti with it today WOOT WOOT the SIR is a runner WOOT WOOT :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

i have a problem like that i am trying to figure out, i have been reading alot about having to re-set your ecu,(pulling a fuse for 10 seconds) have you done that yet??

I havent pulled any fuse or anything but ive unplugged the battery for a bit and its still lghting up. ??? Maybe ill try and unplug the ecu completly it might have a internal battery or something

check the votage on your battery while it is running. should be around 14 volts......then fire up all the lights, ac fans and radio, exc... if the volts drop below 12 or 12.5 you are draining......

stupid lights????? MAYBEE GET SOME DUCK TAPE TO COVER UP THE LIGHT ON THE CLUSTER :p

K ill check my voltage tonight. I did disconnect the battery and it didnt fix the problem. Grr stupid light. Cars been running good for 2 days now though. So it must be charging.

you might have a dead cell in the battery.... take it to an automotive store and have it tested. If its bad, your B light will come on, but the battery will still HOLD a charge, and be able to start the car. Although while the car is running it may bot be strong enough to power accesories within the car.

i have a short on my car i cant find. you may have the same.

test
1. disconect ground from battery

2. connect a volt meter to the ground from battery and to the ground from frame.

if your volt meter desplays a reading you have a short

Its not the battery because ive used a different one and it did the same. The shop that rebuilt the alt said that disconnecting the neg while the car is running is a bad idea. Im thinking its probably a short somewhere too. Another question for everyone is im using the original injectors that came with my b16a and I was told they are a different ohm and I should get some crx si injectors. Is this bs or has anyone had a problem with em?

Back