alternator whine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

monty92

i started to get an alternator whine after i got my ls/vtec installed. i have my power wire and rca/speaker wire down different sides of the car. i put my power wire through a different spot and that didnt fix it. any ideas?

I had the same issue! I forgot about it and then rememberd it and it was gone. I did get a new fuse and redo my ground wire. Try that.

its just the factory alternator. i got a 4 gauge power wire. im going to try re grounding it tom and see if that'll help. thanks

tried re grounding it and its still happening. could it possibly be the alternator is just wearing down i dont know if its been replaced.

I really don't think it's your alternator . Try to seperate your system remote wire away from the power wire. Also insted of grounding the wire from the deck to the ground wire on the plug, wire it directly to a peace of shaved metal on the frame or fire wall ect.

i already have the remote wire away from the power i ran it with the rca's. could it possibly be the wiring for the vtec that goes into my ecu cause i got an ls/vtec and this whine started?

hrmm u shouldnt have engine noise then. take some sandpaper and sand some of the paint under where the seat bolt is to get a better ground. also, are you running the same gauge wire for the ground as you are for the wire going to your battery (i also hope you have an inline fuse on your battery wire for your amp. if not GET ONE)? if not you need to. also, you dont need to have a long ground wire going from your amp to where you are grounding it at.

if it started after the motor swap then its not your radio. Its definitly a grounding issue so reground the entire motor and battery again.

motor
tranny
battery

did you mess with the radio while power on and accidentally ground it? If so you might need to ground loop the radio.

i didnt do the swap i had a shop do it. and i have a 4 guage power and ground. i think i might need a new power wire cause its got a thin insulator on the wire. its got a fuse block inline. i havent tried regrounding the block yet. im gunna gut the interior and clean up the wiring.

ok just to make it clear. your getting alternator whine through your speaker or just a whine from the alternator.

power wires wont do anything. Its a grounding issue if its coming through your speakers.

i sent out my alternator to get checked it might be a diode issue.

Back