Altitude Sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
ever race high altitude? i have a 95 civic with a reasonably built b16 n/a. i consistently run 14.9-15.1. then i ran at the track in salt lake city. it was a clean race with a .521 r/t and 15.8 e.t. ALTITUDE SUCKS!!!!!

You call that altitude? Try racing at the track up here at 6000 feet above sea level. Good times up here are what a stock Civic runs down at sea level.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Apr 22 2003, 03:04 PM
You call that altitude? Try racing at the track up here at 6000 feet above sea level. Good times up here are what a stock Civic runs down at sea level.

ouch. whats your best time? 16.xx or somehting like that?

My best is a 16.5. That's good. :) A stock ITR runs about a flat 16, MAYBE a high 15 if well-driven. Stock Civics run 19's. Not being boosted up here REALLY hurts. :(

Welcome to high altitude racing. The folks in Cali don't realize that the fastest quick 8 guys that run at imports at Bandimere run high 9's low 10's. Last time I went Brent Rau ran the fastest time of the day at 9.8 sec. At sea level the muscle car guys laugh at you for turning mid 13's, at 6000 ft they are pulling for low 13's.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Apr 22 2003, 06:33 PM
Welcome to high altitude racing. The folks in Cali don't realize that the fastest quick 8 guys that run at imports at Bandimere run high 9's low 10's. Last time I went Brent Rau ran the fastest time of the day at 9.8 sec. At sea level the muscle car guys laugh at you for turning mid 13's, at 6000 ft they are pulling for low 13's.

:werd: He knows, he's run up here. :)

Back