Am I crazy? 99 Ford Windstar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I would do the stereo and maybe the K&N. The stereo you can take with you to a new van and the K&N will save $$ on filters. Its a 10 year old van, probably worth 1500-2500. I wouldn't drop too much into it.

exactly what i was thinking... a good stereo system is a must for something you spend that much time in. and a k&N filter is a worthwhile buy for any vehicle.

I would do the stereo and maybe the K&N. The stereo you can take with you to a new van and the K&N will save $$ on filters. Its a 10 year old van, probably worth 1500-2500. I wouldn't drop too much into it.

You can take a 50 shot of NOS to a new vehicle too... :ph34r:

what a fucking stupid idea... lol

well, its just a ricer term. NOS is.
nitrous, not so much
NOS yes, derived from F&F movies. that movie seriously corrupted a LOT of people and made horrible names for certain makes/models of cars

NOS is the name of a company that sells nitrous and other performance equipment. People just think NOS = Nitrous, it doesn't.

its no different than "Kleenex" being the universal term for Facial Tissues, or "Q-tips" for Cotton Swabs, or for a long time "ChapStick" for Lip Balm (although lately "Burt's Bees" has been standing its own ground)

"NOS" just happens to be the one with universal name recognition... had things played out differently maybe people would be saying "Zex" or "NX"

does it really fucking matter?? you know what the person is referring to...
or do you people flip out just as much when you ask for some Kleenex and someone tosses you a box of Puffs... or a Johnson&Johnson Swab when you asked for a Q-tip

Hey talk to Matt, I was just explaining where the Universality comes from when people mention "NOS" in place of Nitrous. :p

I don't want to make it faster, I just want to make it more efficient. lol

Thats also where the gas goes. I'm not turboing my work vehicle... especially not before the Si.

that was a terrible race. the zr1 had a TERRIBLE launch. it had 22" chrome rims on it. and the van probably had wayyy better tires.

but i'd still rather lose in a zr1 than drive around a van all day.

7327-1998-Ford-Windstar.jpg

truthfully, you will only see a 1-2 mpg increase MAYBE.

It still takes the same amount of fuel to produce the same amount of power inside of the motor.

Improve the aerodynamics. Ditch the side view mirrors for flat plates, make a DIY rear diffuser, Block off any opening on the front of the vehicle, save right in front of the radiator. Buy a wide band o2, pick up an ems, and lean burn the bitch.

Back