am i fighting the immobilizer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1998typesh

is the Immobilizer in the factory 5th gen ecu or could it still affect me (running p28) Could this be the reason the engine swap wont start? thanks

Immobilizer is based on injector pulse. You would get spark but no injectors opening up. I had this issue with my K-swap. I knew the injectors weren't opening up b/c starter fluid made it fire right up.

If you are running a P28.....there is no immobilzer issue because the immobilizer is ECU based.

Do the normal swap stuff.......check the Grounds......Grounds.....Grounds.

Wire harness has been adapted to fit your chassis?

Immobilizer is based on injector pulse. You would get spark but no injectors opening up. I had this issue with my K-swap. I knew the injectors weren't opening up b/c starter fluid made it fire right up.

If you are running a P28.....there is no immobilzer issue because the immobilizer is ECU based.

Do the normal swap stuff...p28w/harness/oilpump/cps@tdc/obd2dizzy/intakemani and injectors/t-stat housingam i missing anything?

check the Grounds......Grounds.....Grounds. t-stat,valvecover and trans am i missing anything?

Wire harness has been adapted to fit your chassis?
i have not modified the harness, what needs to be adapted?

final update: I replaced the entire system, new ecu, immo w/ keys and reprogram. The car still didn't start. We then found out that it was the crank sensor. However, the car never came with the red key, I was always worried about losing my reg key so don't see this as a loss, although it was very costly.

Back