American Ironhorse motorcycle...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

An American Ironhorse. Handmade in Texas. Costs about $35,000. Wow.

party3.JPG

$35,000 for a composite is a lot, unless it carries with it a name brand like OCC, Billy the Kid, et al. Looking at that bike, they didn't take a lot of chances in design, and it looks like an off-the-shelf T-rex frame from OCC.

A pleasant-on-the-eyes composite should cost $10-$14k. Also, I don't KNOW what is up with that pedal placement, and I can't clearly see a rear brake.

-> Steve

hmmm...are you like ESP today...your starting to freak me out....

cause everyone knows I hate bikes...but there was one that was next to my Z at a light the other day, same color as the Z, and all I saw was the big fat tire on the back, and the short forks up front, and the prettiest red fender and frame I have ever seen....then I thought...hey it would be cool to maybe get a bike, go against my hate for them, freak everyone out if I got one or made one, and then just keep it in the garage to look pretty next to the Z...after I buy a damn house with a garage big enough to do that....

well...I still hate bikes...but I have looked on Ebay, and my intrest pearked up with this one, but the color suck's...good thing I have spray paint....hehe

the Ebay link

plus if gas really gets bad, I might be forced to get a bike....to save money....then I would have to get a licence, a real helmet, the boots, the leathers...OMG....then I would look like the Village people....blahhhk

The bike isn't the problem on the roads, it's the general public's consideration of them. And like I said last night (on IM), more and more bikes will be on the road, forcing drivers to consider them more. The situation will get better.

If you start out, get a cheapo bike just to tool around in, and see if it really makes a difference in your life. If it turns out that you hate the idea, then no loss, no gain. Who knows, Kaori may even want you to stop riding (like Sue has expressed with me) in which case a cheapo-bike can simply go in the paper. Then you won't become addicted :)

Thinking of gas though, lets say you, Chris, and I were to take our bikes out to the beach one night for some cruising. 3 guys on 3 bikes getting 60 or so mpg. Now divide that by 3, and we could just stuff into the 4Runner and do it. In terms of saving gas, it only really works when it's just you and a commute, and you don't need a monstrous composite bike to do that.

-> Steve

There are other composites out there that aren't what you would imagine for bikes, like the Vigillante (Yeah, $100,000) or the Campagna T-Rex or this little .. thing..
perav1.jpg

The new Y2k, for y2k4, has a two-speed transmission for some strange reason. Prolly more a cable movement reduction ratio, to control what must be a sensitive throttle cable.

But if you can get one, see if you can get an internal combustion Delaval propane turbine. Very efficient and are available on the Mil-spec surplus market (They are found in Submarine oil-spinners)

-> Steve

Back