American Rally takes a huge blow

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohcvtec_accord

WRX Sellout
http://motorsport.com/news/article.asp?ID=170445&FS=SCCA*

:angry: :wtf: :rant:

VERY disappointing. Now we have one less alternative to NASCAR. This really sucks, I've just started getting into going to SCCA ProRally/ClubRally events, and now they tell us this shit. If you've never been to one of these events, I'd suggest trying to get to one before they cancel it. I don't even know how many more events there will be before it's cancelled in 2005.

This also hurts the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb, since they've been struggling in the past few years, and the introduction of the SCCA cars was a major boost to the event. Truthfully, it was the most exciting part of going to that event. Now, it'll consist of mostly V8's, some bikes and some Open Class cars. RRrrrrrrrrrrrg, this ruined my day to hear this news.

I guess America just isn't ready for races where the cars turn more than one direction. :shrug2:

But yes, it does suck.

:withstupid:

it would really be shame to see american rally disappear- it's by far, one of my favorite forms of racing :(

While it is very good racing, with some amazing talent in the series, the fact of the matter is that most Americans want to see wheel-to-wheel racing, not one car at a time racing against a clock. The mainstream car people just do not get Rally IMO. I do not think this will be a huge blow to Rally, although it will make it difficult for teams to get sponsorship IMO, due to losing SCCAs TV coverage. Anyways, we shall see what happens, but racers, well, we are a hearty bunch and the true rally masters will find a way to rally, regardless of sanctioning body.

its because of the stupid fucking fans who stand on the fucking course, that insurance costs are stupid fucking high.

you didi it to yourselves people.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 5 2004, 06:45 PM
its because of the stupid fucking fans who stand on the fucking course, that insurance costs are stupid fucking high.

you didi it to yourselves people.
[post=398712]Quoted post[/post]​

Spectating the Pikes Peak hillclimb seemed safe enough. What was more dangerous was the changing weather conditions on the mountain.

Back