1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amplify my iPod! plus Battery

Discussion in 'Computers, Games, Electronics etc' started by K2e2vin, Feb 2, 2010.

1. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

Raleigh, NC
    Ok, here's the deal, the output from my iPod minijack sucks(it's the 4th gen 16GB Nano). I have nothing but lossless files on there and, with the same earphones, everything sounds better off the computer. Supposidly "line-out" from the dock is better, and Fiio makes a "amp" for this(really just line-out adapter with volume control; I think Audio-Technica has something similar). Problem is, it runs off the iPod's battery(which for me already only lasts a couple of hours).

Does the iPod Touch sound any better(eyeing the 64GB model)? Dexim makes a VERY nice case that is also a 1500mAh battery built-in. Though, I think it only has a USB output so I wouldn't be able to use the Fiio amp.

Are there any batteries out there that work "inline"(ie, doesn't mount to the bottom of the iPod/iPhone) and have the dock connector also(or anyway for "line-out")?
  2. DarkHand

DarkHand Senior Member VIP

Chicago, IL
    Could be an issue with the headphone jack, most ipods have decent sound out of the box.

I run my ipod touch though a really nice Cmoy Altoid amp, sound quality is great and the 2 AA batteries last forever. I can keep the ipod volume low and crank the amp volume up, saving the ipod's batteries. If it's a volume/impedance thing, you might benefit from an amp... but if the ipod is messed up and outputting crap, you'll just get amplified crap.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  3. TurboMirage

TurboMirage YEEAAAHHH VIP

Central, MA
    yup... my iphone sounds great no matter what i plug it into.
Draft saved Draft deleted