Amplify my iPod! plus Battery

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

K2e2vin

Ok, here's the deal, the output from my iPod minijack sucks(it's the 4th gen 16GB Nano). I have nothing but lossless files on there and, with the same earphones, everything sounds better off the computer. Supposidly "line-out" from the dock is better, and Fiio makes a "amp" for this(really just line-out adapter with volume control; I think Audio-Technica has something similar). Problem is, it runs off the iPod's battery(which for me already only lasts a couple of hours).

Does the iPod Touch sound any better(eyeing the 64GB model)? Dexim makes a VERY nice case that is also a 1500mAh battery built-in. Though, I think it only has a USB output so I wouldn't be able to use the Fiio amp.

Are there any batteries out there that work "inline"(ie, doesn't mount to the bottom of the iPod/iPhone) and have the dock connector also(or anyway for "line-out")?

Could be an issue with the headphone jack, most ipods have decent sound out of the box.

I run my ipod touch though a really nice Cmoy Altoid amp, sound quality is great and the 2 AA batteries last forever. I can keep the ipod volume low and crank the amp volume up, saving the ipod's batteries. If it's a volume/impedance thing, you might benefit from an amp... but if the ipod is messed up and outputting crap, you'll just get amplified crap.

Last edited:
Back