And they stole my gf's civic a lil bit ago...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECin5th

Administrator
Yay they stole her car tonite, well it had an AutoLock on the clutch (yea she drives stick :p) and they bent the pedal enough to get it started but couldn't get into 2nd gear, so they left it a block and a half away.
They didnt even take her money or cd player etc etc.. just dropped it and left.
(it's a 97 ex coupe with Si Tails and spoiler, and some Drag 17s black with polished lip)
Lucky us. :unsure:
Now i just need some help with what the fuck that whole shit is called, and how to put it on, and take the old one off.
The steering column; the switch is fine, and the ignition is fine, but the XXXX it sits in is broken.
(The piece they have to break to be able to steer, that has the pin in it and shit)
They cracked it, and i don't know how to get those 'rivets' (headbreaking screws) out, or even what it is actually called?
Also they bent the whole fucking way it sits, i put the plastic pieces back on and her windshield wiper is high and the blinker is low.
Any advice or help is much appreciated.
Now i have to unbend a clutch pedal that is interfering with the brake pedal's path.
It also started raining when i had to "rehotwire" the car and i touched the ignition switch to the ground plate that sits on the bottom of the under column plastic, and i blew the 40amp big ignition fuse.
On my way to get a new fuse i fucking hit a puppy, i think he lived, well .. i saw him run afterwards.
What a night, i have to go to sleep now, and wake up in 3 hours for work.
Thanks guys

use a dremel tool to cut a slot into the sheer bolts and try to unscrew them with a screwdriver..

and damn d00d... worst luck ever...

prob not even worth it to make a claim after the deductible...

Yeah, well, I dunno. I've never had to make any claims that weren't on 1k and up incidents.

Sucks your shit got jacked though.

I'd try the dremel trick first, then you can drill down the center of the bolts and use an EZ OUT afterwards if the screwdriver thing doesn't work. Any parts store will sell you an EZ out, and tell you what size drill bit to use.

suxors man.

:eek: wow thats sucs man, cool that you got your car back, hit up the junkyard for the parts (pedal assy, steering column, and any thing else you need)

Thanks for the tips, does anyone know what that piece is called tho?
If i go to the junkyard to get the piece, i wont have available electricity for a dremel tool or corded drill to get it off. I'll prolly go to the dealer and pay alot instead. Not too many 96+ civics in the junkyard.
The pedal will be able to be bent out, but GRR.
yea worst week in awhile.
The funny thing is we were talking about how they are going to steal my car or her car soon... and within 5 hours it was gone. :(

I think you need to get at least the bolts from honda. They are a special bolt that shears off when you reach the right amount of torque. With the head sheared off, they are tough to remove, on purpose.

You should buy it from honda. If your ignition is fucked up, then either buy from Honda, or have a locksmith keymatch your new ignition to your existing key. You'll still need those fancy smancy bolts though. You can do without, but do you want to?

Thanks for the tips, does anyone know what that piece is called tho?

not sure exactly which piece you mean, but go to a honda parts site and look at the diagrams and match the part numbers...

the shear bolts obviously did NO good so you could just use regular bolts, or if you're worried about it use large rivets... or reuse your stock sheer bolts if the slot in them works well...

here's a site with diagrams..
http://www.slhondaparts.com/

Yea i know the shearing bolts thing, a good idea... now if they would made the column piece out of something other than shit it would've worked great.
Damn, she just got hit like 5 weeks ago in the fender/rims right after we painted her fender and got her rims :angry:
I know i shouldn't be complaining since we at least have the car in driving condition, but WTF.
I guess it's a trippy to the dealer, thanks for everyone's help, i couldn't find the part at that site, but thanks for it :)

looking for that part i came across something very disturbing. Honda wants almost 12 GRAND for a new distributor for that car.....I COULD BUY THAT CAR FOR HALF THAT.........Sorry just venting my dealer frustrations...

looking for that part i came across something very disturbing. Honda wants almost 12 GRAND for a new distributor for that car.....I COULD BUY THAT CAR FOR HALF THAT.........Sorry just venting my dealer frustrations...

something tells me reading comprehension owns you d00d....

lol...well when i couldnt find the part i decided to look up a few more things...its all good though

where were you looking?

Part Number Description Price You Save Shopping Cart
30102-P54-006 CAP ASSY. $17.13 $4.02
30510-PT2-006 COIL ASSY., IGNITION $75.67 $17.75
30107-P08-006 COVER, LEAK $1.21 $0.29
30132-PT2-006 GASKET, CAP $1.08 $0.25
30103-P08-003 HEAD ASSY., ROTOR $14.05 $3.30
30105-P2E-A01 HOUSING, DISTRIBUTOR $233.37 $54.75
30130-P06-006 IGNITER UNIT ASSY. $172.02 $40.35
30110-PA1-732 O-RING (26.4X3.1) (TEC) $1.35 $0.32
30135-P08-006 SCREW-WASHER (5X12) $0.68 $0.15

Back