Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, I showed up to school a little early and snapped some super-unprofessional photo's.....

Picture001.jpg

Picture003.jpg

... Then found out why my IAT was throwing a code...

Picture014.jpg

...Then fit my 320lb friend into it...

Picture013.jpg

Then pulled the plugs to find out I'm running good! not too lean, not too rich...

Picture016.jpg

+1 on it running, but I need to get exhaust, intake mani, and get it tuned...... BAD
This stock exhaust is KILLING me!!!

Oh, EDIT:

I also scared my buddy with my OOGA horn...

Last edited:
muffler shop 2 1/4 piping w/ Dynomax muffler..

thats what i have on my blue crx Andrew. I swear my car is off when i'm in neutral. Its so quiet.

I alsi see your still running the old p28. Good thing its working pretty good for ya;)

I'm actually running around on Abel's tuned p28. It's not tuned exactly to my setup, but it's good enough for the girls Abel goes with.. ;)
I have a custom mapped p28(mine), but it looses MAD power on anything over 5k.. Plus idles a little rough, so luckily I've got Abels to mess around with 'till I get mine tuned.

I know 2 1/4 piping is usually best for mild NA motors, but was wondering if should actually I should go with a little bigger piping(2 1/2) because it's crush bent, going to a 2 1/4 muffler?

As far as mufflers, yeah, Dynomax, magnaflow, etc. which ones best?
ANYTHING is better than stock exhaust... shoot, I'll just run straight 2 1/4 from the header back! :D

Last edited:
NO!

Stock is the best.. So quiet.. Mnnnnnn. Yummy.

And we've got to go terrorize Tally again w/the OOga.. Except get it all on video ;)

2.25 all the way back

use magna flow like these

buy from these guys
eBay Store - Griffin's Mustang Source: Suspension - Shocks Struts, Hawk Brake Pads, Exhaust - Catalytic Converters

1 round muffler
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=MPE%2D14445&N=700+4294922710+4294788249+115&autoview=sku

and 1 oval

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1∂=MPE%2D11225&N=700+4294922710+4294788249+115&autoview=sku

this is what i used on my lsv just 2.5" and an oval turbo II muffler from autozone [per ables advice]

this is a vid of what it sounded like [the pulsing throttle is mine]
Video - me at bithlo

i also ran the exaust out of the side
https://hondaswap.com/attachments/670d1157640446-ek-013.jpg

So... you ran the round and oval one in series? for a quieter setup or what?
Ground clearance problems on the oval? (not fitting in the 'channel' under the car)

And how did you like the side exhaust(dumping in front of the rear tire I assume)?
Did the car look a little funky with nothing back there?

NO!

Stock is the best.. So quiet.. Mnnnnnn. Yummy.

Quiet, yes, but NO POWER can me had with it! You can tell by the throttle response that the motor is being choked.

Plus, if I ran two mufflers in series, it would still be really quiet... however, I don't know if thats the best thing to do, flow-wise..

Last edited:
the Dynomax is a little quieter than the Magnaflow, because its not a straight through design.. i'll take a video clip of mine and post it later..

i had a magnaflow w/ 2 1/4 on my 89 SI .. dont get me wrong, it sounded really good.. but i like the dynomax better..

So... you ran the round and oval one in series? for a quieter setup or what?
it was put in series because i chose to have it out of the side. and there was no other place.
Ground clearance problems on the oval(not fitting in the 'channel' under the car)
the oval muffler will fit if you get the offcenter/center muffler

if i could do it again i would get 2-3 inline round mufflers and just go straight back no bends

And how did you like the side exhaust(dumping in front of the rear tire I assume)?
Did the car look a little funky with nothing back there?

it was great, i liked the fact that i had no fart can back there. and it sounded great. no bee sound and little to no drone sound

if i could do it again i would get 2-3 inline round mufflers and just go straight back no bends

it was great, i liked the fact that i had no fart can back there. and it sounded great. no bee sound and little to no drone sound

You mean just straight back, then get a little piping pointing it down? Just before the 'channel' of the car starts to turn toward the L-Rear wheel?(maybe at a 45*)
Sounds like a neat idea...

Thats what I'm looking for.
Hopefully this will do the trick.

So you think if I do 2 Dynomax mufflers(2 1/4") with a little piping, dumping it right where I said up ^ there ^... sound like a good setup?

I was thinking of having it dump right where the bend starts.

That way you don't see ANY piping, and you don't have to worry about ground clearance because of the exhaust going right under the fuel tank.
(dang, i just got to thinking about that, I guess I wouldnt want my exhaust popping flames right before my fuel tank either... hmm...)

I think I want to run 2 1/4 piping to a Dynomax muffler, then bend it to dump on the side, just like your setup Formby. If it's not quiet enough, I'll just pick up another dynomax muffler and have it install right behind the 1st one.

Sound like a plan? ^_^

Aww... c'mon. I wanted to have the first crx with a series of mufflers trailing behind my car about 6', like a trailor! man, it'd be so quiet....

add a resonator to it and you'll be good to go.. no need for two mufflers
the round muffler from MF is their "resonator"

you don't have to worry about ground clearance because of the exhaust going right under the fuel tank.
the piping wont touch. u just have to bend it right

I'm thinking mainly about actual clearance of the piping to the ground, after you bend it under the tank... ya know?

idk. I'll swing by Advanced today and see what mufflers they have in stock.
Are there any different models of the Dynomax muffler I need to know about?

Back