Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

For one thing, Andrew has seen/knows all the problems I"ve had with my VC and I wanted him to see my lil spark plug cover, since he's getting one this weekend.

ANd he hasn't had any good updates in a while... so at least I keep his thread bumped ;)

DSCN4073.jpg

I think I've got it figured out now man. just gotta get some washers and a few nuts and polish it ;)

It'll take a lil bit to file down the rough edges Andrew, but I"ll bring yours Saturday.

Sorry to muck up Andrew's thread, but I just had a quick question for mac_24_seven.

Is there any advantage to running hoses like the ones you've got for the valve cover ventilation and fluid reservoir, or is that just done for looks?

I've seen those on magazine feature cars too, so I was just wondering...

[/thread jack]

It's just braided hose you buy at Home Depot or Lowes. The only advantage to it is you can see what your blow-by is looking like. BTW try not to use it on coolant lines unless you've got some good hose clamps on it. It can/will slip off if your not careful about installation.

Oh, BTW guys, DYNO Day this Saturday! (10/13)
Gonna see what this stock B16 puts down. :)

It's just braided hose you buy at Home Depot or Lowes. The only advantage to it is you can see what your blow-by is looking like. BTW try not to use it on coolant lines unless you've got some good hose clamps on it. It can/will slip off if your not careful about installation.

Yeah I know what it is, I used to sell it all the time when I worked at True Value. I just couldn't think of what it was called at the moment. And yeah, I was wondering about the lack of hose clamps on Terrance's install...I guess the breather hose and reservoir tank aren't really in danger of blowing off though.

Oh, BTW guys, DYNO Day this Saturday! (10/13)
Gonna see what this stock B16 puts down. :)

SWEET! Be sure to get some pics or vids if you can. I'm eager to see what kind of numbers you're making with the ITR header on there.

Last edited:
Noe, no danger of them blowing off, thus why there isn't a hose clamp on em. And, FWIW, I hate those hoses and did have one rupture that had coolant going through it :( They expand and split.

And Andrew, you want one of these too? I forgot to put the dip stick hole in it, but it'll be on the next one.
MVC-004S-1.jpg

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa91/mac_24_sevennnn/MVC-003S-2.jpg

Just picture it cleaned up and polished or at least much shinier :p

^^ Thanks man
I'd like to get a DC sports or something(ugh... don't ask... you called it man.. no money left for turbos right now. just wait till I start playing with aircraft lol)

If you can make one out of Diamond Plate...... would look SWEET with the DPlate wire-cover!!!

Do you think the bolt pattern is the same on the ITR as it is the B16 cast one? doubt it.. i can measure the distance between them and stuff... maybe it's the same.

Andrew, nice nip tuck!

mac_24_seven, brite red VC? LOL, you rice cooker trash you! Although, it does look nice. What kind of paint did you use for that? Rattle can, I assume...is dat sum rustoleum?

Looks good, a brushed aluminum oil cap would really set it off.

x3

Andrew, nice nip tuck!
mac_24_seven, brite red VC? LOL, you rice cooker trash you! Although, it does look nice. What kind of paint did you use for that? Rattle can, I assume...is dat sum rustoleum?x3

Rice red FTW! :p But my bering uber cool makes its ok :ph34r: And yes, rattle ran red.. not rustoleum but Duplicolor. Great paint.. Used it on many things.
------------------------------------------------

Andrew, what are you doing to prep yoru car for t3h d1n0? You gonna do what I did and run one as is and then remove the PS and filter or what?
Maybe you should just pull the power steering so we can see how much diffrence that makes.

You gonna change the spark plugs and stuff.. a lil tune up before?

Power steering? :p newbie...

I'd like to change my oil, sparkplugs and wires, but I just can't afford it ALL right now.
I'll do plugs and oil. I've got the K&N filter from my D thats pretty fresh, so I'll just put that on the B.

And my filter is in my bumper, so I won't take it off.I'll just run it as-is on run #1, and I'll index my plugs on #2. That way we'll see if it makes any difference.

Last edited:
Ahh geez.. I forgot your car sucks and doesnt have PS :p

What a n00b I am.

You're not gonna have time to index the plugs between runs man.. That would take several minutes to do... Tonys not gonna allow that.

**Edit** Here's your cover mang!

MVC-010S-2.jpg

MVC-011S-2.jpg

You like?

Last edited:
Now, normally I would not knock the diamond plate...it just doesn't feel right there. Like there's no DP anywhere else in the bay & it seems like total overkill just to hide some wires. Mayb I just got used to the plain sheet metal in the other pics.

Is the header shield going DP too?

Also, power steering is for girls.:D

Last edited:
looks good, you just need some contrast with the red. Maybe sand down the tops of the letters on valve cover and just like everyone else says "Get a different color oil cap".

I love how it looks man!
Diamond plate wire cover and matching heat shield, polished oil cap, and a fresh colored valve cover would look HAWT!!

Thanks T-rex
I'll get it from ya this Saturday I guess! Maybe you'll have some time to whip up that heat shield, too.

Back