Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Holy crap. It's been two days and neither you nor Terrance has posted anything. It must be either a) you're having fun with your car or b) you're having fun with girls. I'm leaning towards the latter one. haha

Actually, I'm married :p And I do most of my online stuff at work. I mean, why be online at home when I can do the same at work and get paid for it?

Plus, I've been super busy this weekend and havn't had time to work on my car any (except a little today).

I did however, get this.....

:)
632b_1.JPG

Actually, I'm married :p And I do most of my online stuff at work. I mean, why be online at home when I can do the same at work and get paid for it?

Plus, I've been super busy this weekend and havn't had time to work on my car any (except a little today).

I did however, get this.....

:)
632b_1.JPG

I would have never guessed. That's awesome man. I'll be married someday...I think...I hope...haha

I'm at work right now, getting paid to type to you, so I understand where you're coming from.

*sniffs air* If my shnoz does deceive me, it looks and smells like someone is going to be messing with NOS. At least, that's what it looks like to my untrained eye. Is that for your build or Andrew's?

^ no....

I went out and fired it up to go to school. Ran in the house to crab my CD's, went back out and realized the motah was sounding funny... looked at my oil pressure gauge and it was pegged on "0". my oil pump took a crap on me. Thank god it was just in the garage and not driving down the road!

So I'm starting the tear down tonight. I'll pull the B out and put the D in this week.

Holy crap man. I'm sorry to hear that. Did anything else suffer because of this or do you think that you'll be all right just replacing the pump itself?

I'm glad, as I'm sure you are too, that you have another motor to fall back on, even as much as this really sucks. I think I would have died had this happened to me.

I'm not sure if it damaged any bearings or not. We'll see when I tear it all down :)

I really hope not for your sake. That would really suck. I'm sure you'll keep us updated as you've always been good at doing, so I won't ask.

Freaking after market gauges FTW. I wonder how many times an oil pressure or temp gauge has saved an engine?

This has made me what to pick up a LS block just to have as a spare :S

andrew your the sh1t. i have my own brewing up, but not close to being done ( this spring i will be running). i was gonna start a thread on project builds, but you've done it.
in my post above are old pictures of my car its a 98 ex. the motor is still getting fine touches on the head thanks to The Staging Lane in colorado. everything has been done as listed= jdm b18c, bored to 84mm darton sleeved block, je pistons9:1, golden eagle rods and crankshaft. now working on the heads arp head bolts and studs, crower cams, crower dual spring and ti retainers, replacement head gaskets and seals are coming THIS MONTH.

lot of money here bud, over a year in the making. she'll be running late spring for break in. the comes the TURBO YAY..............

i'll post more pics of interior and engine bay cleanup, new wiring harness install (RyWire.com). sorry no motor pics YET, shes 50 miles away. keep ya posted

oh yea, im new here how do you post pictures in your posts without the attachment

Oh man... idk. probably somewhere around 10k if I had to guess... easy...

And what do you have to show for it? One busted engine and one that barely makes more than stock that sounds diesel-ish :p

I have a couple grand in mine. What do I have to show for it? Red wheels and less than a d16 torque curve.

Were awesome!!!

:werd:

I'm in it for about 4k and my car's still slow as a turd...such is the life of a Honda tuner, lol...:D

Sorry for the delay fellas. Been a little too busy today with working on the car and going to church then dinner and whatnot. I've just been doing some more work tearing down the e-bay more. I'll probably jack it up and get to the underside in a few days.

I "finished" the drivers side wire tuck. Pulled the fender off again and re-routed the wires so theres really no wires in the bay and the resister box is under the dash like a normal tuck would be. Been kinda taking my time and thinking it through, making sure it's how I want it so I won't get that "it works but its not perfect" feeling (as with everything I've been doing to the car lately...)

And I've been cleaning up the D16, degreasing it and cleaning up the trans again. Also finishing the 'new' harness for it. (again taking my time and doing the "tuck" right...)

I'll try and upload those pictures tomorrow if I get a chance and ain't too tired after bouldering.
-Andrew

You know Andrew, I can't remember what tranny you're running on your D16. So, with that said...hey Andrew, what tranny are you running on your D16? :D

Back