Andrew's engine swap (pics)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hey on that master cylinder look at it.. on the side... it should have a 1 casted into it. if it does, its a 1" master cylinder... if not then there should be a 15/16 stamp...

oh and just so you know the accord calipers are cool and all... but the 94-95 legend GS sedan DUAL PISTON caliper is better!!!

good luck on your shit

Last edited:
I just went out and checked out the MC out... survey says.....

DSCN1226.jpg

Yiiipppeeeee

Oh, and I thought it was the same, but I didn't know if the accord caliper was dual or not.
I just called Advanced and they said they have the '95 legend GS calipers for $62/ea. with a lifetime warranty

Do you know of any modification needed to install them? Gotta do some more research I guess...

-Andrew

Last edited:
ScreenShot.jpg

wow! look at all the views!?
Link's in your sig really work!

Oh- as for installing the Legend calipers, if you Google up "4G brake upgrade" you'll find some articles on the old crx.honda-perf.whatever.blah.blah.blah site that tell you how to bolt everything up.

Thanks for the tip.
I just read both pages-

4g Civic Brake Swap
4 and 5g brake upgrade

However, I feel like it didn't really answer my questions very much.
That thread on H-T seemed to have more direct info.

So I'll only need '95 Legend GS calipers, '91 civic sedan(ex) rotors, SS lines.....
And I'm thinkin thats it. right?

I think so... did it say that you needed the 90-91 EX steering knuckles? The caliper mounts are different between the knuckle sets.

I just went out and checked out the MC out... survey says.....

DSCN1226.jpg

Yiiipppeeeee

Oh, and I thought it was the same, but I didn't know if the accord caliper was dual or not.
I just called Advanced and they said they have the '95 legend GS calipers for $62/ea. with a lifetime warranty

Do you know of any modification needed to install them? Gotta do some more research I guess...

-Andrew

i know for integras you have to shave like 1/8" off the caliper mounting bracket... the inside portion the part where the rotor passes through...

other than that its pretty much the same.

Hmm.. well, thats the only mod they said was needed.
What exactly were you talking about?

Read my post. grind it an 1/8th of an inch on the side the rotor passes through... ...

either way will work i suppose. DA guys grind it onthe side im talking about, I guess EF guys do it on that side.

Huh.. I guess it doesn't much matter.
thanks brian

=)

i see youve been adding stuff to your car again. Man this working thing really is getting in the way of MY car. I cant even find time to go to the junkeryard for the other MC you saw!

keep'em coming man! you know i'm gonna freeload off of you when i get my stuff.

Man I didn't see anything out there today. Maybe I overlooked somethin. I guess we'll find out Saturday!

damn must be nice to have money to do all this lol.
crazy shit man. good job on what you have done so far.
this thread was very interesting! along with all the others (wire tuck, etc.)

Most of the stuff I've done didn't cost that much, it just took some time.
I'm in college, so don't think I'm rollin in the 'doe!

Back