Annoying Vibration with B18B swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

araychel

I recently swapped a B18B into my 95 Civic EX, it started right up on the first try with no codes and it ran great for about a week. Then the interior started to experience an annoying vibration between 1500-3000 RPM. It occurred when the vehicle was first started(cold), but went away when the idle came down(warm). When I was driving it would vibrate bad between 2000-3000 RPM, but beyond that it was fine. I thought that it might be a loose mount, but they are all torqued properly because I checked twice! The motor doesn't shake much at all, no more than my D16Z6 did anyway, and I do have all 5 mounts. I then thought that maybe the cam timing was slightly off because of the timing belt being loose or something so I tried adjusting it. I had a hell of a time getting it adjusted properly, and now I have no low end power. In fact, the power "hits" hard at 4000 RPM, so I am quite certain that I made the cam timing worse. The vibration is ever so slightly improved and over a narrower range (2200-3000 approx.) it is still running poorly.

Ok, that is the story, any suggestions? I think that if I can get that cam timing back to stock it should be OK, but I can't get the cam sprockets to line up along with the crank, is there a trick? Please help!!!

didn;t read the whole post but i had a severe vibration when i did my doch d 16 swap, used the stock crx mount on drivers side when the swap called for the teg mount

then it ran like a charm pulling 12 second runs all day long
LMAO I WISH

I used all integra mounts except the drivers side because that mount is exactly the same as the integra mount, I checked.

Back