another B18C into EK question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

houdinih

I have a 96 ek dx with a d16y7. I am trying to put a B18C1 in it. I have a 97 Intega that I pulled the motor and robbing parts from to put on my Ek. I pulled the B18 out tonight and it created a few questions. The integra has a 2 piece wiring harness, which I disconnected and left half of it in the car and the other half with the motor. My hatch has a one piece harness. I don't know if I should pull the other half and all it's BS out of the Integra and try and make it work in the hatch or will the harness in the hatch plug upto the B18? If not what all do i need to change? I was hoping that the harness would come out easily but there are a few wires that hook into other wires. I am not trying to create extra work for myself. Is there other parts on the integra that are worth robbing to put on the hatch? I was thinking of taking the rear disc off of the integra and putting them on my hatch will they work? Will the swaybars work? they look like they might. Thanks

Your best bet is to use the Y7's harness and add the wires for the sensors. You'll need wiring for VTEC solenoid, VTEC pressure switch, knock sensor, IAB and convert your IACV plug over to a two wire from a 3 wire.

Back