1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

another Greddy kit question

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by tiNee, Apr 5, 2004.

1. tiNee

tiNee Junior Member

i've been searching around about turbo kits and stuff and i was wondering if i buy a greddy turbo kit for a D series motor how much hp will i put down with all stock spec running 8psi and is it possible to upgrade to a bigger turbo using the same manifold?

2. reckedracing

reckedracing TTIWWOP VIP

it is possible to upgrade but i think the turbo they give you will be good to 15 or so psi... how much boost do you think you can run on a little d. 1.5 liter?

and look at their website, they usualyl have dynos of what their kits supposedly pull...

3. Tonyd0821

Tonyd0821 Banned

if you got the y8 or z6 engine,

around 165-ish to the wheels. give or take....

dont know the answer to the second question. there are guys running 16lbs of boost on the 15g turbo. i wouldnt advise upgrading the turbo unless your engine is built.

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

te turbo is a 14g. a 16g will fit with some tweaking. other than that, you'd need a different manifold

5. tiNee

tiNee Junior Member

so with the greddy kit you will prolly be as fast as a b16 powered hatch give or take depends on what kind of car you drive right? Because my goal was to make a 200whp daily driven car not asking too much.. i just don't want the speed when i need it. I had a b16 in my hatch but i crashed it and the b16 felt pretty good and now i want to try running turbo.. can someone give me a buildup that will run 200whp thanks a lot for the help

6. breed

breed Senior Member

here's some advice I had a greddy kit and I hated it. build a custom kit you will save money and you can always upgrade.

7. tiNee

tiNee Junior Member

8. Hatchbacks Anonymous

Hatchbacks Anonymous Senior Member

That price is crazy low. I must have missed something....... :hmm:

9. [Freemantle]

[Freemantle] Senior Member

That is manifold, wastegate, and downpipe, and turbo only. Keep in mind that is still about $600 down for what one would pay for an EQ-SS Mani, Tial Wastegate, 3" Downpipe and t3/t4 hybrid. I severly doubt they are as awesome as they proclaim.

10. tiNee

tiNee Junior Member

so its not a good deal? :( What do i need to have as a setup in order to run around 230whp dialy driven? can someone give me a nice custom setup.. because i'm researching to get custom turbo kit but i don't know what to get to reach my goals and when i do get a turbo what do you mean by maintaining it? is it like checking your oil everyday? what else do you have to do? A nice writeup would be nice i have searched for writeups about maintaining a turbo but haven't found any any help would be greatly appreciated thanx in advance :)

11. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted