another ground problem??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

livewire

ok heres what im wondering i know that alot of people have asked about not having any spark which is a case with me but i was wondering what exactly needs to be all grounded on the b16 swap into a 91 hatch?? and also what else can make no spark i got a new cap rotor and plugs and i have 2 different plug wires which i know work so that shouldnt be a problem but what could be?? also if some one can hook me up with a diagram or just a answer to what the spark plug wire numbers are and where they go??

thanks
~bill~

yes i used the original tranny ground never removed it from the frame and the engine i grounded to the cross member from the block and i still dont know whats going on??

I cant tell from your post...but is the tranny ground cable attatched to the tranny on the clutch cable holder? If not, it NEEDS to be.

Sure your timing belt isn't broken? Open up your oil cap and look at the cams as someone cranks over the engine. If you don't see them moving, then you have a broken timing belt, which would explain why you're not getting any spark.

hahaha if your timing belts broke no spark is just the beginning of your problems, but i doubt thats your problem, thats a (hopefully) unlikely guess, if your concerned about grounds just run a few extra for the time being, good ones to check on there dizzy ground, the tranny ground, and alternator ground

I can tell you what it is. You either have a bad ignitor or a bad coil. Which are the number one cause of no spark. And are very comon to take a shit on just about every honda dizzy. I would do a few a day when I was working at honda. As far as you grounds go make sure the block is grounded and main batt ground take it off sand down the metal to insure a good connection. There is a thermostat ground on the d series harnes make sure it has a good connection, and a valve cover ground is always good. The ignitor which is inside the dizzy must be grounded well as it screws into the sid of the dizzy caseing. Make sure both screws are in and tight with out corrosion. I got a B16 and the dizzy was all fucked up the ignitor was loose and it had no spark. Also make sure your dizzy is not locked up take it off and make sure it spins pretty freely. The bearing is know to go. Good luck

Cyl 1 is the one closest to the T belt then count up from there . As far as the on the disy. If your holding the dissy in front of you and the flat side of the cap is pointing at the sky it goes
______
3 4
1 2

The number one usualy has a mark next to it like a C with a circle too its right is 2 then read left to right with the next two 3 the on its right 4

Hope this helps

if i need a new coil or ignitor which car am i suppose to get that from???

Back