another knock sensor question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondaflr

i recently bought a knock sensor to try fix my cel problem, but when i when to replace it, i found out there was no wire connected to the knock sensor because it was broken. so i went out and bought one, my problem is they do not sell the connector to attach to the ks. they say it comes with the cpu harness. do i go buy a whole engine harness or what do i do. swapped motors from 95 accord to 94. so im pretty much cluess here

take the sensor and go to a junk yard and try to match it up with a plug. There's a few connectors that will probabaly fit it.

Originally posted by sleepn_accord@Jul 12 2004, 11:27 PM
if you're stuck just use a regular connecting cap, it should fit over the KS nipple just fine..

yeah, just like these guys said. That's probably THE MOST COMMON connector I can think of on a honda engine. They use that style connector on the IAT, both fan switches, the VTEC solenoid, the knock sensor, and the ECT. If you don't know what those are, look in a manual or click my siggy. :)

thats just peachy:> ill be running optimal performance soon :> fun fun fun.
now i can actually start upgrading the motor now. i have parts laying around just waiting. didnt want to stick anything in this motor till all my cel codes are gone. thanks guys

now that ive made a connection with the ecu and the knock and its installed. Im

getting intermetent knock sensor codes. ive tried retarding my timing, doesnt

help, ive checked my timing, everything seems o.k tried 94 octane, didnt help. My

last choice that ive been reading is getting a sheilded wire, but i cant seem to find

where i would beable to get one, and what type. if anybody could help me on that,

would be greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by hondaflr@Aug 11 2004, 10:02 AM
now that ive made a connection with the ecu and the knock and its installed. Im

getting intermetent knock sensor codes. ive tried retarding my timing, doesnt

help, ive checked my timing, everything seems o.k tried 94 octane, didnt help. My

last choice that ive been reading is getting a sheilded wire, but i cant seem to find

where i would beable to get one, and what type. if anybody could help me on that,

would be greatly appreciated.
[post=375260]Quoted post[/post]​

Welcome to the dark side. You can use shielded audio cable. It helps slightly, but this is a common problem. I can slow down the frequency of getting codes, but I haven't been able to extinguish the problem yet.

Search under "knock sensor pissing off"

I have a whole thread dedicated to that cocksucker. Don't kill yourself trying to fix this. Just plan on using a chipped P28 later.

that was my next solution was trying the sheilded wire, cause i can go like 100 km without it coming when im on the highway, i get around 60 cruise speed, bam, it comes on, so im going to try the audio sheilded, and go from there. if not, im going to have to start reading up on p28 chipped, but they say the car wont run as good with it then the p13:(. and i read your post on that knock sensor pissing u off. hehe. so last change for knock if not, i have to go p28 chipped :(
thanks

Originally posted by hondaflr@Aug 11 2004, 01:00 PM
that was my next solution was trying the sheilded wire, cause i can go like 100 km without it coming when im on the highway, i get around 60 cruise speed, bam, it comes on, so im going to try the audio sheilded, and go from there. if not, im going to have to start reading up on p28 chipped, but they say the car wont run as good with it then the p13:(. and i read your post on that knock sensor pissing u off. hehe. so last change for knock if not, i have to go p28 chipped :(
thanks
[post=375368]Quoted post[/post]​

You'd use the P28 chipped with P13 fuel and timing maps, so it would run fine.

Shielded wire may help.

I can go quite a distance without my code popping up also. You are more likely to cause a code while making a gentle pull uphill. Even the Helms says to troubleshoot the KS by making a pull between 3-4k for 10 seconds. At a cruise, you're not likely to cause a code. ;)

You are correct, that is exaclty what happens, so im going to be trying the sheilded wire today, i went to best buy today and bought a top of the line sheilded wire. freaking expensive, but if that doesnt work, then i will have to go chipping the ecu, witch i have no clue on doing, so i plan to go to a shop to get it done, any suggestions anywhere in Toronto?

Originally posted by hondaflr@Aug 12 2004, 10:41 AM
You are correct, that is exaclty what happens, so im going to be trying the sheilded wire today, i went to best buy today and bought a top of the line sheilded wire. freaking expensive, but if that doesnt work, then i will have to go chipping the ecu, witch i have no clue on doing, so i plan to go to a shop to get it done, any suggestions anywhere in Toronto?
[post=375952]Quoted post[/post]​

go to PGMFI.org

Back