Another one bites it

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so, another friend/acquaintance is going in the ground...

just got a call from my best friend and this 19 year old kid we knew just got involved in a head on collission... no racing or any bullshit, but i don;t have all the details yet... his older brother who was with him is being airlifted in critical condition and is not expected to live either...
just saw the kid like 3 days ago too...

seems like the older you get the more people you bury...
also seems like there's one friend going in the ground every summer now...

so it goes, drive safe folks...

yea dude. sorry to hear about that. that's some crazy shit. and it's true the older we get the more we lose. Every summer someone on my moms side of the family leaves us. Not much we can do about it. Im not a firm believeer in any religion or what have you, but I do believe we all have a set time on earth and there's no need to greive about it. When my gramma passed, I cried only cuase she wasnt going to be able to teach me to cook, and what have you. But, hey, she didnt want me to cry all night about her being gone. She's happy, in a better place with no pain and suffereing. The hole she had in her esophogus, no longer bothers her. Yes, I still miss her and constantly think about her. But, it's one thing to think about someone who has passed versus' someone who you can not talk to at all, but is still alive and well. The difference, one's alive the other's not.

"Live your life to the fullest for when you die you will not be able to do so, cuase your dead."

-Nick Malone

My friend said that, and as stupid as it sounds, it makes sense to me.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Brian

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 28 2005, 05:03 PM

just got a call from my best friend and this 19 year old kid we knew just got involved in a head on collission... no racing or any bullshit, but i don;t have all the details yet... his older brother who was with him is being airlifted in critical condition and is not expected to live either...
just saw the kid like 3 days ago too...

so it goes, drive safe folks...
[post=492665]Quoted post[/post]​

i feel that man. in the passed year 3 kids all under 21 from my town died. one overdosed, another got hit by a train on his sportbike, and most recently a chick i graduated with last year was killed by her then boyfriend. i had seen her and talked to her the night before.

what sucks more are the children who attend high school that no one knows. that nobody ever talks to. when they pass, no one even knows it. Taht's what sucks. or what about those children who pass while still in school who were special... yea, know one knew em until the left us, and as soona s they did... it's a "oh man, im goin to miss that kid, he was great" when 9 times out of 10... the person who said that didnt even know em. That's what pisses me off. Im not trying to step on anyones feet or get the topic off track, but I guess this is one of my pet peeves. People acting to care... when they really dont.

I hate the internet...

Brian

well, not really sure what the fuck happened but i saw the 2 cars on my way home lastnight

camero vs jeep wrangler...

i guess the woman in the camaro survived... i thought it was a convertible but i guess they chopped the top to get her out...
the jeep was pretty mangled but it didn't LOOK like it was that bad, but i didn't get a real close view or anything

the kid was 19 or maybe early 20... deceased
looks like his older brother is going to be ok though...

i guess someone else on the NYS thruway died in an accident, and there was a wreck by my job that someone smashed through the guard rail and took out electric for 6 hours... but needless to say, its back on...

drive safe guys...

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore. Dream. Discover"
--Mark Twain

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 28 2005, 04:03 PM

[post=492665]Quoted post[/post]​

3 of 4 grandparents and my best friend of 14 years last summer for me.

Sorry for your loss. RIP.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Apr 29 2005, 09:48 AM
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things  you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. 
Explore. Dream. Discover" 
      --Mark Twain 

[post=492910]Quoted post[/post]​

my favorite- stop living under the waves, under the weight of regret. NO REGRETS

i would love to live to tell old senial stories. but its not going to make me slow down my life. i dont know if im going to be here next year, thats why i dont play it safe. you cant always have fun later on.

Originally posted by brian11to1+Apr 28 2005, 04:16 PM-->
yea dude. sorry to hear about that. that's some crazy shit. and it's true the older we get the more we lose. Every summer someone on my moms side of the family leaves us. Not much we can do about it. Im not a firm believeer in any religion or what have you, but I do believe we all have a set time on earth and there's no need to greive about it. When my gramma passed, I cried only cuase she wasnt going to be able to teach me to cook, and what have you. But, hey, she didnt want me to cry all night about her being gone. She's happy, in a better place with no pain and suffereing. The hole she had in her esophogus, no longer bothers her. Yes, I still miss her and constantly think about her. But, it's one thing to think about someone who has passed versus' someone who you can not talk to at all, but is still alive and well. The difference, one's alive the other's not.

"Live your life to the fullest for when you die you will not be able to do so, cuase your dead."

-Nick Malone

My friend said that, and as stupid as it sounds, it makes sense to me.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Brian
[post=492674]Quoted post[/post]​

brian11to1
@Apr 28 2005, 07:07 PM
what sucks more are the children who attend high school that no one knows. that nobody ever talks to. when they pass, no one even knows it. Taht's what sucks. or what about those children who pass while still in school who were special... yea, know one knew em until the left us, and as soona s they did... it's a "oh man, im goin to miss that kid, he was great" when 9 times out of 10... the person who said that didnt even know em. That's what pisses me off. Im not trying to step on anyones feet or get the topic off track, but I guess this is one of my pet peeves. People acting to care... when they really dont.

I hate the internet...

Brian
[post=492752]Quoted post[/post]​

God damn... what was I on when I posted that shit?

Back