Another stupid question... by me.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
For those of you with an obd2b car with two O2 sensors, how did you get the cat O2 out? We had the exhaust pretty much completely off today but we couldn't get that fucker out of there enough so that we could pull the center pipe with the bend in it off the hangers.

Did you find the clip and pull it out, or could you get the O2 out of the cat itself?

We did accomplish getting the old muffler out of there, so now my car is muffler-less... but that was about all the further we got in 2 hours.

Well how'd you do it? The spot to unscrew it from is recessed below the heat shield on the cat, am I gonna have to rip that off to get to it?

i just took the shield off and used a o2 sensor socket

Well I guess I'm buying new heatshield bolts then. We started on one and broke it off. Fuckin rust.

Thanks.

Yeah I snapped 1 of those and another one back by the muffler today. My underbody is nothing but rust.

if i remember right there just little 10mm bolts so the heat shield ones snap easy

Try using penetrating oil before you crack it loose. Other than that, torch it until its red hot then quickly crack it loose. As far as removing the o2 sensor, AHHVTEC couldn't have said it better than I. :)

Back