another suspension question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90crxb18

ok i didnt want to thread-jack anyone but... i have anotehr suspension question :D ok...coilovers and struts/shocks whatever they are..i have a 90crx with skunk2 coilovers on stock struts/shocks, i wanna get new ones since there so old, anyways heres my question. if i buy aftermarket such as tokico or any other brand, i wanna keep the skunk2 coilovers, do i want to get LOWERING specific shocks/struts or will stock replacements be ok?? is there even a difference???

what im trying to say is, if i go on the tokico web site and buy the ones for my car will i get the same thing thats on my car now... just new?? or will they be different as in there for a lowered car??

gotta wait more then an hour for a responce when you post in the middle of the day.

Anyways, you want to not only get a shock that will work with lowered vehicles, you want one that is going to be valved right too. The skunks are a real stiff spring, you would be wasting your money to get tokikos or even AGX's with those springs, because they will blow out relatively quick. I had AGX's on skunks, and the RR blew after about 4 months, the LR held on for about 10. About the only shocks that are valved close enough to handle the skunks are Koni Yellows. They are expensive, but it sure beats having shocks every year. Also, since you have skunks, your going to need an adaptor sleeve or something (i forget what they call it) for them to work with the Yellows. Anyone that sells Yellows should be able to get them. good luck.

-Chris

Back