Any Chick Evan Scholars here?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

asmallsol

Super Moderator
I am applying for it today. My essay is starting to get boring. If I get it, I will be going to Michigan state.

Anyone else here an Evan scholar? What school did you end up going to?

Originally posted by asmallsol@Sep 13 2003, 09:13 PM
I am applying for it today. My essay is starting to get boring. If I get it, I will be going to Michigan state.

Anyone else here an Evan scholar? What school did you end up going to?

what is a chick evans scholar?

I guess that means your not one. It's a national scholarship program for caddies and it pays for everything, and I mean everything, Toustion (sp?) books, Housing fees. Only thing that I have to pay for is utilitys and food.

maybe they can buy you a spell checker or a dictionary :D j/p

working at a golf course 6 years, i never heard of it. :shrug2:

Originally posted by asmallsol+Sep 13 2003, 09:42 PM-->
Originally posted by La_Pieuvre@Sep 13 2003, 10:39 PM
asmallsol
@Sep 13 2003, 09:34 PM
Toustion (sp?)

Tuition ... :lol: make sure you know how to spell words like that...

yea, and for my essay, I noticed that I miss spelled some of the course that I am taking. Thats public education for you!

Yeah, I'd work on that grammar too.

I think that to get it, the club has to be apart of the Western Golf Association. It is sponcered by about 15 diffrent Local and state Golf associations.

Well, don't what the that is, but good luck anyways. Use spell check :D

Go Spartans..great school,,,,UM >>> MSU

Originally posted by JDMilan@Sep 14 2003, 01:14 PM
Go Spartans..great school,,,,UM >>> MSU

Yea in michigan, the evans applys to both UofM or MSU. However, my ACT scores are too low for michigan, and my 3.7x GPA is also on the Very low side of their requirements.

Originally posted by TommyTheCat@Sep 14 2003, 01:53 PM
What about MTU, eh? Come on, it's not that far up here...9 hours from Lansing :roll:

Acutally MTU is my second pick but the evans does not apply to MTU, only MSU and UofM.

The schooling side of MTU is better but the people part is not. Guy to girl ratio is like 1454guys:1 girl. I am sure that the party side of it is kinda small too (although the UP is basicly canada so all they do is drink eh!) Plus, I would have to buy a truck or some kind of 4x4. Like snow?

On my last visit to ann arbor I drove by the UM stadium and it was pretty bad ass, for a sucken stadium.

MSU is a great school also, My calculus profesor got his PhD from MSU...

I knew a bunch of Evan's people at the U of M. I'm pretty sure they just got a brand new house last year too. I liked the UofM alot but I'm from the Minneapolis area. there are hella girls here as well, it just depends on what your major is.

Mine was mechanical engineering so I only saw girls when I wasn't in class or when I was taking generals like bio and stuff

good luck getting the scholarship, you will be set up for sure if you can get it

I have had a lot of fun at UofM, I can vouch for the parties there, and I know some good folks there.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Sep 13 2003, 06:34 PM
I guess that means your not one. It's a national scholarship program for caddies and it pays for everything, and I mean everything, Toustion (sp?) books, Housing fees. Only thing that I have to pay for is utilitys and food.

heh, at first i thought you meant caddies = caddilac's, makes much more sense now :p
speaking of golf, i need to go hit the driving range, i haven't golfed in over a year :(
any other HS people golf? its a good excuse to get away and drink all day, be one with nature :D

Back