any Computer wiz kids in here?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRseX84

hey guys, i just got my dell comp, windows xp and i have Norton Internet security. i downloaded AIM, but it wont connect, it sais i might need to undo a firewall or use a proxy server like HTTP or sumthin like that. for a connection to the internet i have DSL, its Verizon online connection. and this is PISSIN ME OFF!! i need my AIM man.. but if ANYONE has any thing they think they can help please respond!!!!! i talked to Verizon and they said they cant do nething. and AOL said to go to AIM.com but there is nothin on ther at all. so if somone can help id be greatly aprechated. :worthy: :worthy:

I'd like to clarify that Norton internet security is a pos, but by all means use some form of anti-virus software

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 26 2004, 10:29 PM
norton AV sucks too. theres so much better options.
[post=382487]Quoted post[/post]​

I've said it a million times and I'll say it again...

Linux.

EDIT: And my only complaint with DSL is PPPoE... it's like transporting a loaded 747 by train.

I'd have to dissagree with you that Norton AV sucks.
I've been using it for over 10 years, and have never had an infection of any type ever.

I've seen other programs out there like Mcaffee and I've seen a few computers with up to date viri dfs have viruses, I will say tho that AVG was
a lot more impressive than any other software I've checked out.

the problem with norton, is that there are viruses out there of which their only goal is to disable norton.

its what happens when its the most popular thing- it gets attcked the most.

i used norton anti-virus. a few days after i installed it, i had about 5-6 viruses that norton didnt catch or find. i used some other virus scanner along side norton but the problem was still there so i had to format my hard drive and reinstall windows.

Back