any golfers?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
i work at a very large golf store and get a sweet deal on it.

they were technically released to the public today, but we got a shipment in last friday and have already sold like 20 of them at 500 a pop.

Its all about the Fujikura shaft that comes on that thing. (Launcher Gold shaft is made by Fujikura just FYI) More and more, the shaft technology is becomeing more important then the head itself. The Head technology maxed out a year or so ago. Now it's all about advancing the shaft technology.

The Launcher is a bad ass club and this is a dencet price.

I need to pick up a new driver some time, I just don't want to shell out the money :( . My POS DeepRed fatshaft 365cc diver is a POS.

I havn't seen the R7 yet. Is it a new line from the 500 series, or is just another 500 series model?

<works at a private country club

Bump for a nice driver.

I personally dont' hit one right now. I say if you can't hit straight 8 out of 10 consitently then I shouldn't buy it, so I'm still working on the irons.

BTW :eek:t: But what irons do you hit?

I've been hitting some Nickent gh Plus for the last 3 years, and I love them to death, first club I can actually pick up the 3 iron and tee off and keep up to 5 woods.

adam, sorry to bogart your thread, but consider them free bumps :lol:

I have some Taylor Made 320 Irons. Probally close to 4 years old now. I got them free through work (I was caddy of the year that year. Won free clubs :) )

Skill wise, I have my moments. I was 100% self tought, so progress has been slow at times. Anyways, I am about a 19-21 handicap, depending on the day :/

:eek:t: Free Bumps. lol.

Not bad. I tested some of those before I was given my nickent's from my father.

Funny story, his house burnt down, the grips smelt like smoke, not even 2 weeks old, he didn't like them, so gave them to me. And he went and got ping I3's.

I'm about a 23 or so, depending on what time of season it is. I play well in the middle of my golf season, the beginning just sucks. I don't swing the sticks for 5 months and damn I suck afterwards, upwards of low 100's and shit.

I play with Taylor Made Firesole Clubs. I have played with Irons forever and could hit my 3 iron about 200 yards or so. But I decided to get a 5 wood and now I have a Taylor Made 200 series 5 wood that I can hit about 260 on a good day. I'm not sure that I can hit a driver yet.

Free Bump

i play cleveland ta7 tour irons, dynamic gold s300 shafts
scotty cameron studio design 5 putter
cleveland 588 56*, bob vokey 52*
launcher 17* and 22* fw's

and as soon as my R7 rolls in.... :)

and i completely disagree regarding head designs being maxed out....
if you read my ebay post you'll see that the shaft was co-designed by fujikura, not made by them also...

head design info:
taylor made has introduce extra thin walled clubs in the R7 series. standard driver wall thickness is about 1mm and the R7 series comes in at .8mm , this allows a weight savings of about 42 grams throughout the entire clubhead. the face itself also is 6 grams lighter than previous models due to the enlarged inverted cone area on the backside of the face.

with this extra 48 grams, taylor made was able to install 4 ports that accept cartridges to alter the CG of the head so the driver is tunable to any player. it comes with (2) 10 gram weights and (2) 2 gram weights. more weight in the heel will help you draw the ball, more in the toe... fade the ball. the ten gram weights in the back of the club, making the CG low and deep in the head will provide and increase launch angle with a slightly higher spin rate (about 400 rpm more than if the 10 gram weights are up front.)

www.taylormade.com check them out.. if anyone wants one... call me at 248 335 8095 and i can have one shipped out asap.

also, nike has created what they call NexTi, it is a proprietary form of titanium that is forged and bent and still allows the grain structure to be continuous. this allows them to forge the face and weld it to the housing across the crown of the club, reducing residual stresses in the metal caused by welding. this will expand the COR zone on the driver, making more of the club face have the maximum allowable coefficient of restitution of .830

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back