Any Ideas??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMilan

Ok, here is the story:

My parents being eastern hardcore post communist europeans feel that I should have found my place in corporate america by finding a good occupation and starting my career right after graduating. They feel that four months is ample time to find a good job starting my career. Now I told them that I was going to start graduate school and then work part time at some consulting firm when a position opens up for me. The thing is that I have no problem working long hours etc..shit in fact I am practically begging for work.

So, a month ago they told me that if I don't find a good corporate job in 2 weeks then they are throwing me out, so I went to my buddy and started to work for him at his new start up shop locally, it's fun, I get parts at cost, we do installs to local kids, etc. So I figured that it would be enough to please them currently since they gave me like no time to find shit.

Now they told me that I have until Feb 1st (two weeks from my Bday) to literally get the fuck out. So now I have literally make nothing at my buddies shop, and have to save money to get ready to move out and postpone graduate school which is fucking pissing me off.

My parents have been in the restaurant industry forever and are just complete fucktards. They feel that I should have started a family, had kids already and been working literally from the shithole out.

So here is my situation, currently I have a couple decent job offers which I must take due to my situation.

This entire moving out deal is very new to me and I am looking forward to doing it but I was just asking you guys for any helpful information that might help me out in this process. It is hard for me also to get a lease due to my tarnished credit history.

thanks guys
<<<---bastard..lol

I have a couple quick solutions for decent money making employment.

The thing is that I want to be finacially ready to make the move and not just move out with like 1g. I have given my auction guy 5G's for a new 240 and am still waiting, so car payment is out which is a good thing.

I got offered today a job as an operations manager paying 500 CASH not on the books a week working 9-5 mon-saturday, but that won't be available for me until december, so i figure I should serve for the time being, make 600 cash weekly, and then take the operations manager position and then work partime serving.

:blink: :blink: :unsure:

Do you have your four year degree? If you do then blaze...fuck your parents. My mom did that shit to me when I didn't go to college right off the bat. But once your gone for a month or two they keep calling and offering to do shit for you and giving you money and stuff(Well thats how my parents were).

yeah I have my degree, actually two of them. That is why I mentioned that now I have to postpone Graduate school a.k.a. MBA program and all. See if I had a good paying job in the field of interest that I love which is consulting then I would but you must have your MBA for such a position which is why I thought that they were going to give me another 2 years at home, finish my MBA at which I should be working for someone or at someplace and then I am out, I just wanted a chance to get my foot in the door but unfortunetly the job market right now is the hardest in 10 years for recent college graduates.

Trust me, I would love to blaze the fuck out of there but I didn't want to live off of ramen noodles and basically living to pay my bills.

You can always check out a career in law enforcement to pay for grad school... it's like 35000 a year starting (not that great) but you work a 4 day a week flex schedule, giving you time to go to grad school if need be. If you decide you like it.. they offer pay raises pretty quickly.

Yeah but you got to start somewhere. When I first moved out I had to get an apartment with one of my dumbass friends. But I made it and yet I still don't have my degree but my wife has hers. I supported her while she went to school and she had to get her masters for her field too. Plus if you have 2 degrees and one is obviously a business degree you should be able to find something in the 35+ range.

yeah, I have a Bachelors in Business Administration in Management and Marketing.

24, no problem not rude at all.

See and you would think that since I have two degrees, two years of managerial experience at a retial level, have been the president of two nationally recognized organizations, and honestly still nothing.. I have sent out tons of resumes, created a webpage as a marketing tool for potential employment, networked through some people, I have come close to getting good jobs but other people out did me appearently.

any other suggestions wise ones...if any :D

I would rather be a busboy than join the military, couldn't deal with some fuckass drill instructor telling me to abuse my body, sorry not for me.

What I was really looking for was input into how you guys started out, scenarios, stories, etc. Anything helpful really. thanks.

dropped out of college.
found a lame dick 3rd shift job on monster.com
hello and welcome to today, im underpaid, un happy, have no fuiture with the company, and have become their bitch.

Back