Any math whizzes in the house?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Very very true- persuasive writing is a difficult area to play in... you get your balls hammered to the wall a lot. I like to use cold hard facts and math/physics to prove my points- but I guess that's what engineers do eh?

:lol:

Research = neato, especially when you find out something cool.

My head hurts just looking at that. :p

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 11 2003, 04:08 PM
Very very true- persuasive writing is a difficult area to play in... you get your balls hammered to the wall a lot. I like to use cold hard facts and math/physics to prove my points- but I guess that's what engineers do eh?

Research = neato, especially when you find out something cool.

i have a diff. take on research. in looking for facts that will support my arguement, it is often a long and time consuming process. not only must the fact support the arguement, they must be from a reliable and respected source. (judicial decisions excluded)

but i do agree, several times i have had my balls nailed to the proverbial wall due to the fact i got a little "big headed" (and thought my teacher didnt know her ass from a hole in the ground) and tried to pull a fast one on her. im damn good at what i do, and straight up told her that i was amazed that she was able to see through my bullshit....
She still gave me a "d" on that paper :lol:

works on some people, doesnt work on others...

go figure.

whoopdedoo.gif

s3e7ab33a9e235.jpg

i was in the process of going thru my pics to post a reply to "whoop de fucking do" and came across this little jewel....

sorry, just wanted to share her with everyone.

Research is all good... I just like facts that stand on their own. Factual research turning up empirical evidence to support a technical argument is still quite a bit different than facts supporting a persuasive / argumentative debate... but they're equally tedious. Sometimes I just enjoy it on my side of the pond. Maybe I'm weird or something.

:lmao:

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Sep 11 2003, 04:31 PM
s3e7ab33a9e235.jpg

i was in the process of going thru my pics to post a reply to "whoop de fucking do" and came across this little jewel....

sorry, just wanted to share her with everyone.

great, now show us the rest of them :)

First off, :worthy: to Calesta for remembering all that shit. I got a B+ in Algebra, but that's been 2 years. fuck if I remember half of it.

2ndly, I'm buzzing pretty nicely right now, that doesn't help my thought process. :lol:

You shoulda said to your little brother "Learn how to do it your damn self, that's the point of school" :D

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 11 2003, 05:58 PM

You shoulda said to your little brother "Learn how to do it your damn self, that's the point of school" :D

he's not a math major either :lol:
he's plannin on going to law school as well....

Originally posted by sleepergtx@Sep 11 2003, 05:58 PM
First off, :worthy: to Calesta for remembering all that shit. I got a B+ in Algebra, but that's been 2 years. fuck if I remember half of it.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm essentially a physics/math major (engineering = applied physics), so I still have to remember stuff like this... plus I was one of those jerks that set the curve all the time in Algebra / Geometry / Algebra II back in school.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back