any nextel users?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
just curious... the new webJAL was released today.
you can now upload your own wallpapers and .wav and midi ringers.

just wonderin if anyone else uses nextel

I use Nextel, what is it you're talkign about, first i've heard of it.

It can only be done on the new i730?

My dads office does. Free internet, and two way calling. It was cool. Did you get one through a company or something? Around here Nextel is charging 500 sign up fees and shit.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Dec 16 2003, 09:13 PM
are you serious?

Around here you just have to have excellent credit..

Yup. I think they aimed the two way phones at businesses more than for personal use. They did a credit check on me, and then told me I'd have to pay 500 down and then the cost of the phone I wanted (299.99 I think) Plus the first months bill all at once. I said fuck it and got a sprint cell instead.

i got one :) (i95CL)
im not a business
i got it on my own
only had to pay the price of the phone :)

your credit su><0rZ :p

My dads company uses NexTel Phones, and he is about to get rid of them, we have gotten in some trouble using them. Mainly we just start running our mouths to employees about clients, and twice now the client has been standing there to hear the complaint. One of them was cool about it, and the other one, well lets just say the job never got passed the initial bid for us. We will just be switching over to AT&T cell phones, in febuary when the NexTel contract expires. As far as the features you listed above, I do not have any clue about them. Our phones are about a year or two old now.

uhh... thats your employess fault. you can still 2 way, privately, with the phone to your ear, not on speaker. :asshats:

my buddies dad has one for his company. hates it. It just sits on his table.. and he uses his att cell for calls.

But around here (Miami, FL) the coverage sucks. And they also wanted the $500 down for a contract. Thats bullshit. Might as well go with tmobile or verizon. One of them has the 2 way feature now.. and pretty decent phones.

the webjal for just th 730 or for all nextels? i got a 90 and frequent enyo.net 20 bucks for ring tones over 4000 of em.. i actually did soem development work for the guy ..

the webjal server i used went down so now im stuck.. is it a desktop non server client or does it have a server to login to?

check out enyo.. 20 bucks is like 10 rings from nextel.com enyo>nextel.com

this webJAL is compliant with all nextel phones i believe..

it costs $5 bucks to gain access to this guys server, then once connected, webJAL allows you to load your own games, wallpapers, start up screens, shutdown screens, and ring tones...

best 5 i've ever spent.

nextel > att

at least in my area... everyone gets shitty service in lansing except for nextel.

but in the meantime, while it doesn't work, for five dollars that i dont even miss... i can put whatever i want onto my phone.

so good luck in your adventures.. from what i understand, patrick had a hell of a time getting this one to work properly... especially with winXP... you have to manually edit the registry to make it work

Originally posted by pills_PMD@Dec 16 2003, 06:39 PM
you can now upload your own wallpapers and .wav and midi ringers.

Ok I'm about to start the new cell phone fad:

Ringtone: .wav file of a guy yelling 'HAAYY!!! ANSWER YOUR PHONE!!!'

It's my next ringtone!

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Dec 17 2003, 02:44 AM
i got one :) (i95CL)
im not a business
i got it on my own
only had to pay the price of the phone :)

your credit su><0rZ :p

It wasn't credit. I got a 15.5k loan in my name. My credit is in great standing. Anyway, I said around here, Nextel apparently wants to keep its two ways/phones to business for whatever reason. :shrug2:

thats odd ... only people ive heard them asking for cash up front from around here were people with shitty credit

Back