Anybody have good Light CAD software?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ScrapinSi

Lookin for something like AutoSketch... Something really simple that I can just enter measurements... Mainly for home redecorating stuff...

are you moving walls around or anything? or do you just want to get a rendered picture of the interior?

archiCAD is a good program and is easy to use. or, i guess, i hate to say it, but use some of those cheap ass programs they make now for people to design their own homes

Well for instance right now, i'm measuring out my counter top, and just want to draw it on the computer when I take it to HD to get it cut and ordered...

And I'm going to be changing a set of drawers & cabinet into a pantry, and once again I just want to draw some simply 2d blueprints...

I dont remember AutoSketch being this difficult... I just got AutoSketch 9... Its fair..

Is the program your talking about simple?

i can get you autocad or mechanical workbench if you like.

What's mechanical workbench?

Basically, I want to enter dimensions if possible... Like for my countertop... I want to enter 122.25x25.0125 and have it draw a rectangle... Then type 20.5x23.5 for the sink hole, and have it draw another rectangle, and then I can place is 33.5" from one end.

Know what I mean? Basically something that is easy to draw & scale.

look it up :wink:

i can also get strata 3d CX, but you need a mac for that :wink:

I used AutoCAD, it's a PITA until you really know how to use it. So I would scratch that.

I can get you a bunch of CAD programs...next year :laugh:.

Well I have SolidEdge... At the office... But thats overkill...

Back