Anybody heard of a Micro-Tek ECU?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraslut78

Stylus DJ Extraordinaire
Just wondering if anyone has heard of a Micro-Tek (I believe) ECU, I think it is like a Hondata, Shadney (sohcslammer) said some guy had it on his car at the races at Quallcom in San Diego.

Yes. I looked into them. Awesome sytems. I bought a b18 from a guy in Escondido(near SD) the had a 10 sec SOHC all motor CRX running on a Microtech system. he told mer he has tried everything from hondata to motec to haltech. He said microtech was the easiest thing to use and all of there system come complete. 1 shot, no buying different modules for different options. $890 out the door, pretty much plug and play. They are hugh in Mazda/Nissan (rotary motors). the downside, good luck finding tech support (specially if you are on the west coast) I decided to go with Hondata(tunning support), but th microtech setup still interestes me. here is the link, make your own call. this is what my inpression is.

http://www.mazdadragracing.com/microtech.html

matt

from what I know, they're decent standalones for drag/race oriented cars. Their closed-loop performance is sub-par compared to an AEM, hondata, or Uberdata equipped car. For a daily driver, I'd look elsewhere.

Originally posted by radnulb@May 7 2004, 02:11 PM
from what I know, they're decent standalones for drag/race oriented cars. Their closed-loop performance is sub-par compared to an AEM, hondata, or Uberdata equipped car. For a daily driver, I'd look elsewhere.

i agree. I forgot to mention that. I am building a damn near track car, so for me it seemed liked a nice setup. But for a DD, I would loke elsewhere also.

matt

Thanks guys I think I am going to go with the Hondata S200. I am going to put it in my DD Integra which will hopefully have a turbo soon.

Back