Anybody through Chase bank?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jamesA

Thank you for your business.
VIP
I went in the other day and got a checking/savings account with them. Just from signing up and seeing what they can offer made me smile, not to mention that since my mortgage is already through them I was automatically qualified for some other services (which I have to look into more deeply).

But anyway, anybody through them or have used them? I'm liking the online bill paying feature, instead of roaming through 4-5 different sites, I can pay them all online at once.

I get 3 points per dollar on what I spend my money on when I use my debit card, which I know I'll be able to redeem for something useful, free atm usage across the country (big plus), free online banking (HUGE plus), and free online bill pay, etc.

My credit union I'm through now has "online banking" but all it does is show you your balances and what's cleared, not very useful since I get a paper copy every month.

Does anyone have any horror stories that you could make me aware of so I can keep my eye out?

Chase is decent, I've had them for over 7 years. My paycheck goes in under direct deposit, and all I ever use is the debit card. When I bought the subaru, they got me something like 5.86% for $11500...and I just pay thru the webpage.

I had a checking account with Chase for a short period. I can not speak for every branch in the country, but the one here in Shitville, Ohio is comprised of incompetent fucks. It's partially my fault but not so much. I am a student so money comes and goes intemittently. I had overdrawn my checking with them. A month later I got a sizeable chunk of cash and went into the branch to settle up and make a deposit. The teller told me that my account was still active and they accepted my deposit. Well, come to find out, the account had been charged off and placed in collections, so my deposit went...nowhere? So I was assed out for two weeks while they called around trying to figure out where the deposit actually went, and how to get my money back. Keep in mind I have ZERO dollars at this point. Rather than just return me my cash based on the multiple records of my deposit, then settle their end on their own time, they inconvenienced me. I had to wait for the corporate office in Columbus to find the deposit and cut a check, which was mailed to the branch. It ended up being $150 short of the original positive balance because they assessed me a returned check fee, or something of that nature. Terrible.

Last edited:
My mortgage is through Chase, which puts me in "top tier" status with them, giving me an awesome bank account. Someday when I have money to put in said bank account, I'll use them.

Chase hold my primary mortgage at the moment. Nothing special really. They are pretty much like any other bank

Ya. They are great if you are an account holder in good standing. The minute you encounter any trouble they could give a fuck less though.

Back