Anyone else hate VERIZON wireless?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

NotUrAverage_Si

Yesterday morning I went to pay my cell phone bill which was already 2 days late. I stopped at the bank and withdrew $60 cause my bill is usually around $40-50 and I was in a hurry to get home. I get to Verizon wireless ready to just pay my bill and get the hell outta there. I walk in the door and an employee greets me and here's how the conversation went: (she was being rude, btw)

employee: "hello and welcome to Verizon wireless. How can I assist you today?
me: "I just need to pay my cell phone bill.
employee: "ok just walk straight back and to the left and theres a payment machine back there."
me: "that's ok I'll just pay at the cash register."
employee: "you must pay by using the payment machine and it takes exact change"
me: "I only have 3 $20 dollar bills...alright I'll just walk to the cash register and get exact change."
employee: "I'm sorry sir we are not allowed to give out change, there is a bank a couple doors down where you can get change."
me: "I don't even know the exact amount I owe, I always just come in here with $60 and pay whatever the cashier tells me the amount is."
employee: "you can press #225 and it will send you a text message telling you the exact amount"

So I do it and the exact total is $43.36 and I start walking a couple doors down the bank to find it's closed. I go next door into a BBQ store and stand in line, explain the story to the guy and get my change and go back into Verizon where I wait in line for 20 minutes cause the guy ahead of me at the payment machine doesn't know how to use it. He finally leaves and then I try using it but it doesn't work. I finally get it to work and try to pay with EXACT change and find out theres no where to insert the quarter, 2 nickles and a penny so I end up having to put an extra dollar in. I mean what the hell, could they have made it anymore difficult? Not to mention they never put up a notice letting their customers known they'll have to be paying by a machine from now on. Sorry for the rant but this whole process was just so unnecessary and I had to vent. Their service sucks to begin with and now I have to deal with rude employees and a long and strenuous process to just pay a simple cell phone bill.

:cliffs:
-went to pay my bill at Verizon.
-woman wouldn't let me pay at the cash register.
-only had 3 $20 bills and amount was $43.36.
-tried to get change at Verizon, woman wouldn't let me.
-walked to bank, bank was closed.
-went into store selling BBQ's got change.
-went back to Verizon stood inline forever.
-payment machine was acting stupid.
-ended up having to pay more money than what I owed.
-finally got the hell out of there.
-I hate Verizon and am canceling my contract. :mad:

Yeah but I'm just use to the routine I had going, just go in pay at the cash register and I'm out. The only time I use my credit cards is when I'm buying things online. But anyway I need to start using them for this cause the way the payment process is going for me now is just rediculous.

Yeah that started here like last year (vegas).
Can't you just pay online?

Love Verizon, Pay online its so much easier and hassle fee and takes 25 seconds rather then sending in a check or taking 15 minutes over the phone by the time you go through to automated system....Trust me Verizon is great, My Girl has CIngular my best friend has Nextel and my other Good friend has ATT wireless and one of my Friends (had) Sprint..he paid 175 term fee to switch to Verizon...As far as Service, i don;t get Service at my house. But neither does anyone of their phones...But its still better in most places i go, compared to the other Companies

Back