Anyone ever heard of a HyperTech reprogrammer?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Well i was in Kragen today getting a K&N, and while waiting for the dumbass at the counter i was looking at their display for the AutoXray OBD computers and stuff. Also on the display was a computer thing made by HyperTech that was for reprogramming the stock computers. This product is actually for domestic cars and trucks only, but i was wondering if anyone has ever checked this thing out. Supposedly you can adjust the Rev limiter, Speed governor, change shift points in an auto trans and a few other things. It also allows you to reset things back to the original factory settings. If this thing is any good then i might just buy it to use on my GF's auto Camaro and see how it works. It is pricey, about $350 but i guess i could use it and then return it.

i think its more for diesel engines and stuff like that. i wouldnt get it, if its for a camaro, get a jet ecu chip. they are cheaper too.

Actually its for domestic cars and trucks. I looked on their website though and all the only GM V6 it shows its compatible with is the 4.3l. I wonder if i could get it to work?? Hmm...

Oh, what the hell is a jet ecu chip? is that one of the chips that has to be soldered in the ecu?

Anyone know any other alternatives?

its just another sad excuse for a chip that makes you run uber rich and advances your timing.

Back