1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone ever heard of a HyperTech reprogrammer?

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by Dustin_m, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Well i was in Kragen today getting a K&N, and while waiting for the dumbass at the counter i was looking at their display for the AutoXray OBD computers and stuff. Also on the display was a computer thing made by HyperTech that was for reprogramming the stock computers. This product is actually for domestic cars and trucks only, but i was wondering if anyone has ever checked this thing out. Supposedly you can adjust the Rev limiter, Speed governor, change shift points in an auto trans and a few other things. It also allows you to reset things back to the original factory settings. If this thing is any good then i might just buy it to use on my GF's auto Camaro and see how it works. It is pricey, about $350 but i guess i could use it and then return it.

2. cycloneb18c3

cycloneb18c3 Senior Member

i think its more for diesel engines and stuff like that. i wouldnt get it, if its for a camaro, get a jet ecu chip. they are cheaper too.

3. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Actually its for domestic cars and trucks. I looked on their website though and all the only GM V6 it shows its compatible with is the 4.3l. I wonder if i could get it to work?? Hmm...

Oh, what the hell is a jet ecu chip? is that one of the chips that has to be soldered in the ecu?

Anyone know any other alternatives?

4. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

its just another sad excuse for a chip that makes you run uber rich and advances your timing.

5. Dustin_m

Dustin_m Active Member

Exactly what i DONT want

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted