Anyone Ever Removed a Civic Dash, 92-95 Eg8 Chassis

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Omasta

Hungarian Pride
Anyone ever removed a dash? i get stuck after about 5-6 bolts and cant get it out, i accidentally broke a Heater control arm and to replace it i either need to take the dash out or remove the temperature section, its suppose to pop out, but im paranoid to force it..

(the section with the climate control, 2 arms [temp, fan] and the buttons, air con, vents so forth)

1993 Civic Ex, EG8 Chassis

Its the easiest dash in all of automotive history to pull out.

Drop the column, and there are something like 4 screws holding it in place. Disconnect a ground wire behind the cluster and unplug the harness, disconnect the heater cable, and it falls out.

you serious? ive got 3 visible bolts...

1 either side (near door) and 1 centre bolt (below window inside vent), so u saying i undo the steering wheel column and 4 more bolts appear or 1 more? this is the non-vtec version, im guessing ur assuming ive removed the speedo clusters and so forth, or isnt that neccesary?, basically wat happened was a broke an heater- control -arm and its a pain to fix, i figured taking the dash out completely might be easier. Anyone got any pictures or a drawing of the screw/bolt holes. Anyways any help you guys can offer would be greatly appreciated, had a bit of a headache with my car lately, my front end (invader 2 kit) didnt fit and i had to cut it in 1/2 and re-fibreglass everything, move my headlights forward, all this unforseen shit. Thanks

You definently need to drop the column to get the dash out. Its very easy though. 2 or 4 bolts and it'll fall into the floor. I'll take a look in my haynes or chilton when I get home, one of those shows how to take the dash out, and following those directions, it took me all of 10 minutes.

damn i thought it was easy without droppin the column.i took mine out with the steering wheel still in..and put it back in with it still in..only time i had to take the steerin wheel column out was when i put some manual pedals in :) i guess im just good like thaat HAHAHAH

ok, i get the point, although i have a RHD civic, Australia not America. Im assuming their the same, my dash just seems "caught" on something, thats why i havent taken it out.

i thought on mine too..well look up under the dash...you know how you control the air from cold to hot..that swithc has a cable ..you take that cable off..you have turn upside down and find the cable..just pop it off..pretty easy

Back