Anyone ever seen a 4 plug obd1 ecu

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

slopoke

I have a jdm obd1 ecu with four plugs all have pins It is manual and has two rows of pins. Part number 37820-p13-J00-555-101542 1F16 J-MT It throws a traction control code 36 (according to HT) but just wondering exactly what it came from I know it would have been a vtec lude and the didnt make a OBD2 P13. I bought it from Nippon Motors.Thanks

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@May 29 2004, 10:35 PM
4 row = auto ecu dude.

If you are OBD 1, then your ECU should look like the pic. Even the P13 Auto only has 3 plugs at the ECU. I am 100% positive on this. The picture doesn't lie. This happens to be a F22B1 Auto ECU in the pic, but the Prelude and Accord ecu's at least look the same. I don't know about any others.
s40b96762b2793.jpg

how do you put in the picture I will take one for you. I did find out that on the J00 part means J (japan) the first 0 is manual transmission. If it had a 5 for the first number it would be automatic.

www.ag-eng.com/ecu_ident.htm is where I found the info

If your P13 has 4 plug locations, most likely one is for either the auto trans, OR it is possible you have the uber rare traction controled ECU.

the only number on the date code I can read is 9. I know its obd1 and for a manual tranny and its a p13 but everyone I talk to says its not possable to have four plugs on a obd1

I have an Auto, and have replaced three auto ECU's. I have not seen a four plug ECU yet.

If it is a special traction control or ATTS ECU, great, but it is not a standard OBD1 auto ECU, period.

Originally posted by tab+May 29 2004, 11:50 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@May 29 2004, 10:35 PM
4 row = auto ecu dude.

If you are OBD 1, then your ECU should look like the pic. Even the P13 Auto only has 3 plugs at the ECU. I am 100% positive on this. The picture doesn't lie. This happens to be a F22B1 Auto ECU in the pic, but the Prelude and Accord ecu's at least look the same. I don't know about any others.

There are OBD1 P13s with 4 plugs... as a matter of fact here's 7 JDM P13s I have in front of me right now... They are indeed all OBD1... Notice the 3 ECUs at the bottom... ;)

***Picture Removed***

EDIT: to take the picture out of the quote...

Originally posted by HardLowrdRanger+May 30 2004, 03:53 PM-->
Originally posted by tab@May 29 2004, 11:50 PM
pissedoffsol
@May 29 2004, 10:35 PM
4 row = auto ecu dude.

There are OBD1 P13s with 4 plugs... as a matter of fact here's 7 JDM P13s I have in front of me right now... They are indeed all OBD1... Notice the 3 ECUs at the bottom... ;)

Ok, now I've seen one. So what is that fourth plug for? Is it for a special automatic or traction control?

Originally posted by tab@May 30 2004, 11:04 PM

Ok, now I've seen one. So what is that fourth plug for? Is it for a special automatic or traction control?

As mentioned before.

Now I know Im not crazy. or I still might be. Now that the pic is up we need to know why it has four plugs. Maybe thats why I am throwing codes for traction control. Anyone have a pinout for this ecu

Thats a very good possability. didnt think of that but the rear steering is computer controlled. Anyone want to trade a USDM p13 for a JDM P13 (four plug) My A/F guage reads funny with the JDM ECU

does anybody know what has to be done to a obd2 motor to put it in an obd1 car im having problems with the ignition system on my h22a can i just buy an obd1 dist with the internal crank trigger

ag engineering confirmend the fourth plug to be for traction control on jdm models

Back