anyone ever seen this for a small battery install?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

GSRCRXsi

Super Moderator
VIP
battery1.jpg

alumcorner.jpg

battery2.jpg

battery3.jpg

i want to do this with one of those odyssey 680 batteries. any more info would be great. looks like a great way to free up some space for an intake without having to deal with the BS of having to put a kill switch on and all the other hassles of relocating the battery to the back.

Never seen it in person, looks nice.. But kinda kills functionality.

I'd say go for it for a track car.

No go for a street car.. unless you don't have many big current drawing amps or enjoy high beams.

It may be just fine, so this is simply my opinion.

i knew a guy that used to hide it under his airbox in the wheel well. helps a tad for traction because of the added weight but not much.

so, why are you doing this? I have never seen people have issues with the battery when installing an intake, but then again, I own an integra...

My car uses a lawn mower battery :). There was no room for the battery to fit in its stock location with the intercooler piping, so the prev. owner just used that small lawn/garden battery instead of relocating the entire thing to the trunk.

well after looking at my options i have changed my plans a little bit. the battery will be mounted in the same location but i found a better way to install it :)

i changed my idea on what battery to use. instead of the pc680, im gonna use the NGR-CELL from heel-toe. about the same price but the battery is smaller and has better CCA (280 vs 220)
pic:
nrg-civic.jpg

link: http://estores.merchantpartners.com/pn280/...?products_id=61

and i will be using a battery hold down from odyssey to mount the battery. crossreferencing dimensions, looks like it will fit nicely. the mount is for a pc545 battery. will be mounted in the same location with some self tapping screws :) should work out nicely
pic:
hd545stand.jpg

hd545_inside.jpg

link: http://www.odysseybatteries.com/accessories/pc680hd.htm

summit carries the hold down box, and it was only 30 bucks :) only problem is that they are out of stock and wont ship for like 2 weeks :cry:

and the reason i need the space is for one i want a straight shot to the motor for the intake (crx battery is in the way of that) and i need the battery out of the way for space for my 6" ID filter that will be on the end of my intake :)

Yup, seen that type of mounting before. I'm looking for a small battery on the S2k too.

What in the hell do you need a filter with a 6 inch inlet for?! :p

:ph34r:

but i like this setup, clean as hell looking, will hold the battery nice and tight, no fabrication needed, and only costs 30 bucks :thumbsup:

bah, summit wont get it for like a month, screw that, i just ordered it straight from the manufacturer for 10 bucks more (40), lol.

yup got the battery box today :) now i just need the battery. but i gotta pay some bills first :)

my air filter is bigger then my battery :laugh:

Back