Anyone ever use these tires??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KillaB18

Ok so ive been searchin for some tires. the size is 205/45R16. being that i have a negative camber i dont want to get really good tires until i can fix that. but i need something right now. So i was gonna go with the Yokohama ES100, Parada Spec 2 or Fuzion ZRi. but then i came across the generals. on tirerack.com they have better ratings than all of those tires except in like 2 catergories but are very very close. like .3 of a difference compared to the ES100's.

I would like to know if anyone has ever used them before. and are they reliable. Also they are only $58 each. thats almost half the cost of the other tires mentioned. OH yea car is a daily driver. I dont do any autocross or drag. and i live in las vegas.

the money you spend on tires, you should use for an alignment. Fix the problem and save your money. Also tires are one of the most important things you can buy for your car. Dont buy shit because of the price.

Quoted post[/post]]
the money you spend on tires, you should use for an alignment. Fix the problem and save your money. Also tires are one of the most important things you can buy for your car. Dont buy shit because of the price.

I'm thinking of buying them just to see how they are. At this point, I am looking for good performance, but better tread rating than the azenis.

My buddy has BFG g-force sports on his wrx. He seems to like them okay. But they are about 10 bucks more per tire than the generals, and have a lower speed rating. I dunno. But definitely get an alignment to go with your new tires. I know I am.

Edit: And if you aren't doing any racing, the generals will likely hold up just fine. My parents cars all ride on generals, and we've never had blowouts or weird tire issues of any kind.

falkens are pretty good also, i got the ziex 512's, there decent for the price but nothing compared to the bridgestone potenzas i was running on b4. . . but the price difference was alot more. no sorry never used those tires

I have 195/55/15 ES100s on my car and I absolutely love them. They're not rated for winter (snow and ice) driving, but I find if I don't drive like an idiot (which you shouldn't do anyway) they do very well.

Only time I spin is in snow, ice or a heavy rain after hitting the gas too hard.

Great tire for a stock/near stock Honda, IMO. I'd purchase another set, but I want to play the field on different brands of tires first. After these are done, my next performance tire will probably be Falken Azenis.

I, personally have never owned a set of General tires, but I work at a dealership where some of the vehicles come with Generals from the factory and I have seen quite a few problems with ride quality with them. I have never seen that specific model you are referring to but from what I have seen, Generals are crap. For that kind of money you may want to look into some Dunlop SP Sport FM901's. I have owned two sets myself I believe they are a great tire for the money. You can really hang a turn on them.

thanx for the replys. as for my camber problem. its not too bad but would def wear away the insides of the tires. As to fixing the problem. in order to fix it i would need to get front and read camber kits. and id rather throw some rims on my car cuz im riding on steelies with bubble tires and i hate it. ive had these 5zigens in my garage for a while and i have the money for tires now. more than likely im gonna go with the ES100's. thanx alot again.

I ran Yoke ES-100's on my BMW Z3. They were very good tires in the dry and decent in the rain, but after 10K they cup due to the tread design and then get real noisy and want to follow rain groves badly. The alignment was right on the car, tire pressure was checked. Finally I started rotating the tires every 5 K to keep the wear even accross the tire. So overall I liked them but they were picky to keep going without issues.

most of the time you get what you pay for. the tires are cheap because they suck. I work at a shop that sells a lot of tires trust me go with the fuzions dry weather performance is equal to most tires twice their price and wet weather they will out perform all the tires mentioned here except for the bridgestones. those ratings you talked about are provided by consumers so they are probably not the most intelligent ratings. just because they dont test drive different tires every day like I do. you can get a better price for those tires if you go to a TireRack.com in person than if you were to buy them from the internet. if you want more info feel free to ask.

M

Back